Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
vincenzo11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been facing some recurring issues with one of my Pro 4 cameras and recently encountered another problem with two other cameras. I hope to get some advice to resolve these frustrating problems.

1. Camera Offline and Frequent Factory Resets: One of my Pro 4 cameras goes offline regularly, requiring a factory reset almost monthly. This has become quite a hassle. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and found a solution? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Failed Camera Updates and Live Feed Issues: Today, I encountered another problem with two Pro 4 cameras. They indicated they needed an update, but the process failed when I attempted to update them. As a result, these cameras are not showing a live feed. I've tried several troubleshooting methods, but nothing works. Has anyone else faced a similar situation or knows how to resolve it?

I've invested significant money in these cameras and a subscription. It is so frustrating. I believed Arlo produced top-quality cameras, but my recent experiences have left me feeling otherwise. Unfortunately, the customer support experience has been less than satisfactory as well.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the cameras connected to your WiFi or to a hub? These issues would seem to be an issue with the signal strength and/or quality. What happens if you bring a camera closer to your router or hub for testing?

vincenzo11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the suggestion to bring the cameras closer to the router. I’ve already tried this, and I even placed a router near a window for optimal signal strength, but the problem persists. It seems to be more than just a signal issue.

JSB
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras stopped working after the new firmware update. I kept getting the “offline” message. The wired doorbell was fine though. For some reason all of the camera batteries drained. I plugged them into the charger and finished the firmware update that popped up in the app. They’re working fine now.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation