Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera mode

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kevin63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish there was a mode for placing a camera in the corner of a room! 
As it is now, I have it at the lowest setting and it picks up both walls. When this happens it brings down the quality of the video.  😕

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A screenshot of the camera view may be useful. When are you having quality issues - during the day when enough ambient light allows color recording or at night when the low light settings kick in? Are you using the spotlight or just the IR LEDs in low light?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin63 wrote:

I wish there was a mode for placing a camera in the corner of a room! 
As it is now, I have it at the lowest setting and it picks up both walls.

It sounds like you are talking about the field of view of the camera being too wide.

I agree that 110 degrees is bigger than you want for a corner placement.  I don't have cameras placed in a corner, but I do have one that covers a fairly narrow porch - it would be advantageous to have a portrait mode (which I think would also address your use case).

Kevin63
Aspirant
Aspirant

True, I also have another camera in a spot that’s narrow. 

Kevin63
Aspirant
Aspirant

At night is the issue. The white walls light up. Dimming the rest of the room. I might just move it over about 3 feet and it will get rid of the problem 

Kevin63
Aspirant
Aspirant

At night is the issue. The white walls light up.  I’m just using the low light setting, not spot light. It’s Dimming the rest of the room. I might just move it over about 3 feet and it will get rid of the problem.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation