Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
purplemacchiato
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why my camera keeps disarming in the morning while it's clearly in schedule. Geofencing works fine. My cameras are Arlo Pro 4, I have 2 of them.

My setup is the following: I use geofencing, for Away mode I have Armed, for Home mode I have Schedule. Geofencing works as expected. When me and my wife leave the home, it switches to Armed, when one of us come back it switches back to Disarmed. That works as expected.

Our Schedule is set to "Arm" between 10:00pm-11:59pm, and 12:00am-8am every day. So it should be armed from 10:00pm to 8am every day. For the past three days I've been waking up 7:30am, and the camera is disarmed every time I open the app after waking up. Since it's before 8am, I assume it still should be armed but that's not the case. I check the camera after 10pm and it's always armed. I also check before going to bed, ~11-12am and it's also always armed. Last night I also checked after 3am and after 5-6am, it was armed at these times. However, at 7:30am when I wake up it always shows disarmed.

Yesterday, I removed the entire Schedule and created a new one that is identical: 10pm-8am. It didn't help, today morning it was again Disarmed at 7:30am.

I'm running out of ideas what can be wrong, can someone help me? Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Having the exact same issue, they've been working fine for months and now all of a sudden they're turning off during a schedule. I stayed up last night to check they were arming on the second schedule 12:00am ...which they did ...and they were on around 1:50am as the picked up some movement of my dog ...but then off again at some random time before they were due to stop ...frustrating ...also seems like an issue thats been happening for years looking at the support boards 

Ice_Tea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes @purplemacchiato! This has started happening to me, too. They will randomly shut off in the early morning/late night period when scheduled to be armed. I will have video footage up to a certain random time, but when I wake up the cameras are all disarmed even though they are scheduled to be armed. Signal strength is excellent. Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If  deleting the schedule completely and rebuilding it doesn't help, try rebooting the hub the cameras are connected to (if so connected) or rebooting the cameras.

I suppose it's possible that migrating to the new UI may be useful but set some time aside to be able to go through things and get them set up as needed.

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, don't use a hub they're all just straight to wifi. Will try a few things and post anything if it works 

Ice_Tea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted the cameras and checked the schedule. Sadly, it didn’t work. Cameras worked for part of the night, but they were disarmed sometime in the early morning (when they were still supposed to be armed). Also, no hub. Only Wi-Fi for me…and I get full bars on all cameras. 

Not sure how useful Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera is if it doesn’t stay armed at night! Hoping someone has a fox for this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No "fox" for this but the next thing I'd try would be to remove the cameras and reinstall them. Set them up as before. ANy better?

purplemacchiato
Tutor
Tutor

It seems that the issue is more common and is affecting several folks. I'm going to talk to tech support tomorrow to see if they are aware of this issue.

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Hey all, 

So I reset the schedules and when i woke up (a couple of hours before they were scheduled to be disarmed) they were disarmed again. 

BUT 

Went outside and even though the app said they were disarmed they flicked on when i walked out and it recorded my movement. 

Maybe just double check yours are actually off when the app says "disarmed" ....could simply be a UI issue 

Would be great.  to hear what tech support say 

Ice_Tea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, @Durrr. Confirming that I had the same experience. After reading your message, I went outside and the cameras recorded even though all devices showed as “disarmed” in the app. Hoping that Arlo can fix this so we k ow the true status of our Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera 

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Ah nice ...its annoying but hopefully not the level of issue we thought it was. Will keep an eye on it 

purplemacchiato
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for pointing this out @Durrr. I also went 2 days ago and tried doing that, the camera did record me while it was saying it was disarmed (should be armed based on the schedule). 

However, I did the same today morning during the time when it should be armed but the UI was showing disarmed. And it didn't record me... So I'm really confused right now whether it is really UI or something bigger. I'm going to check with the customer service today and report back.

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Ah interesting, will try it again tonight and see what happens - let us know how it goes with support 

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Update: tested it again and it came on even though it said disarmed on the app. Interestingly enough though one of my cameras had stayed "armed" in the app as it should ...not sure why but it did pick up a cat just before midnight and maybe that meant it stayed "awake" not sure 

purplemacchiato
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke with customer support today morning, there already is a ticket on my account. They recommended to remove the schedule and add it again. After informing them that I did that twice already, they recommended to reboot the cameras which I did. Now we are going to wait for tomorrow morning to see if that improved anything. If not, I will be speaking with them again. The ticket is open, so let's see how this plays out.

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that, did you just restart the camera from the app? Will give it a go too 

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Rebooted all my cameras, looked this morning super early and they were all still armed! ....looked 30 mins later and they were disarmed again ....still worked when I checked outside but still not showing in the app ...grrr 

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Ok just checked the website and they're saying "armed" so its an iOS app UI issue not a camera issue ....don't know why i didn't check this before 

Ice_Tea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks. I hope that whoever is monitoring this chat from Arlo will encourage the company to fix this issue so users can know for certain that their homes are protected.

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Ive also opened a ticket and have been talking with support today. No progress yet. Now they want me to test a bunch of things, like disconnecting and reconnecting the cameras etc ...will report back if anything works 

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone had any luck here? Still not fixed for me 

purplemacchiato
Tutor
Tutor

I gave up, I migrated to a new UI. You can do that by trying to add Pro 5S camera, you don't have to actually add one. When you try to add 5S, it will inform you that they need to upgrade your app, and that's how you get a new UI.

I switched my cameras to always be on motion and recording. The only difference is that when I'm home, notifications are off. When all the members are out and it's Arm Away, I have notifications enabled. Interestingly, the issue of UI is not resolved. Cameras are still showing as unarmed in the morning, but they are recording. It seems the UI bug is persistent even in the new UI.

For now, I accepted this situation and moved on. I hope Arlo will fix their UI at some point.

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for this. Yep I'm pretty much at the point of giving up and just dealing with it.

interesting that it still happens with the new UI. 

Anyway thanks all - if anything miraculous happens from my ticket ill post it. Thanks for the help

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

FYI i got this from support 

"We apologize for the delayed response. I am sorry to hear that the issue In the App mode still persists. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be informed that there is an ongoing issue about this display discrepancy in the App and the Web browser. Our engineering team is already working on the fix. You don't need to do something, once the fix is deployed, all impacted customers will receive a notification that the issue has been resolved."

Blue12334
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this issue been resolved with the latest app update (6/9/23)? Has Arlo given any indication? 

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation