Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tlawrence2586
Aspirant
Aspirant

Randomly will not be getting camera alerts and when I check the ios app the device on toggled is switched off. I never go into the settings and touch this. Latest firmware, latest ios app, no 3rd party integrations with automations, camera just toggles itself off. Note: I do NOT have a base station but its about 20 ft away from router so should have good connection, battery health seems fine. No pattern on when/why this occurs. Any thoughts? Faulty software from the arlo devs?

22 REPLIES 22
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tlawrence2586 wrote:

No pattern on when/why this occurs. Any thoughts? 

How often are you seeing this?

What features are you using?  (geofencing, scheduling, automations, etc)

Could be a bug - possibly a side effect of a firmware update.

TLCtheTexan
Tutor
Tutor

yea I have woken up and found all the cameras disarmed!!! what good is that? I have to check it now every few hours for fear it will disarm at the worst time possible. i live in a bad neighborhood. Arlo is having a lot of problems right now. They have taken away the alert status for non-suscribers. Can you imagine. It's like a guitar without strings. It seems a class action lawsuit will come of all there nonsense. I am going to post an important some important information tomorrow. please look out for it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, 

@TLCtheTexan Which camera are you experiencing this with? Is the Device On option in the device settings selected OFF?

Luv4sams
Tutor
Tutor

I've had that same issue with just one camera turning itself off on its own.  I did update to the latest firmware but what's wierd is my wired doorbell disables at the same time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Luv4sams 

Can you PM me with the serial number of the affected cameras? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have SmartThings enabled as well?

tlawrence2586
Aspirant
Aspirant

RESOLVED: adding a hub and connecting the camera to that has fixed the issue

this is definitely more of a work around because the camera directly connected to router wifi should not be dropping offline / being disabled in the device settings. dropping offline could be reasonable but getting disabled seems weird. either way this is a temp fix for anyone else having this issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. 

Luv4sams
Tutor
Tutor

Are you asking me?  If so yes I have Smartthings.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Luv4sams 

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  Please post more about the automations that become disabled or turned off. My 4k Pro Cameras do not include a hub or base. I cannot get the automations to stay saved and executing. Once I logout of my profile account (the owner account), one or both automations become disabled and do not execute.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PlumBluett 

Can you provide more info on the automation/actions you have set?

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

This schedule disables itself, I come back and it has not executed and it is disabled all the time. Home Automation Task Detail.PNGHome Automation Task Overview.PNGHome Automation Schedule.PNG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PlumBluett When you mention disabled, Are you not receiving notifications? Can you define disabled in this scenario? (You do not have Secure subscription so you will not receive any recordings to your feed only standard push notifications).

I do see you have Amy Away and Arm Home setup. Which mode(s) is having an issue?

Your Device(s) are currently in "Arm Away" is this the correct mode you want from 6pm-10AM?

Thanks 

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

About Notifications: In android, after installing the app, I get background notifications of movement triggers. 

About Describing "Disabled" better: When I review the automations, I see one or both modes disabled (See the picture) and then they do not execute. 

About if 6PM - 10AM is for ARM AWAY mode: Yes and my ARM HOME mode is 10AM-6PMScreenshot_20240305-120935_Arlo Secure.jpg

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you think the problem is at the "ENABLED CONDITION" at the top of the automation, where I declare which modes are enabled? For each automation I declare that ONLY the incoming mode is the enabled one. Should I declare both as enabled? Screenshot_20240305-122115_Arlo Secure.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PlumBluett 

Here is the definition for the Always enabled option: "If you would like to have the Schedule Automation only occur when your system is in a specific mode, tap or click Always Enabled to change which modes are enabled. All three modes are enabled by default."

I have a similar schedule to yours and I do not have any of the modes selected under "Select Mode"

Let's try and unselect this for both modes and test again. You can adjust the times for your schedule to test now if possible, then switch them back.  

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK This will probably take a few days to confirm (I could accelerate it but Id like it to execute realistically) . Thanks! Ill be back in touch next week. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PlumBluett Sounds good, I will be here. 

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

It already failed at the first opportunity.  The evening automation is now shaded and disabled. 

Home Automation Task Fail.PNG

PlumBluett
Aspirant
Aspirant

At this point, I gave up on fixing the problem, I just arm home and away for all cameras all day long. Nobody has solved this problem. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PlumBluett 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation