Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR access

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
I have 4 essential and added 3 pro 4 Cameras and I can't start a CVR plan on the pro 4 camara. Currently have security plus plan and all 7 cameras show up under there but in the CVR tab no camars are listed and the option/tab to move forward is does not work...I tried moving the 3 pro 4 camars off my current plan and they still did not show up in the CVR plan.(side-not the 4 essential camaras are connected to a hub and the 3 pro 4 are hub free cameras) What am I doing wrong. Do I need to cancel my current plan completely and start over. Any help thanks.
Screenshot_20220118-124757_Arlo.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
I uninstalled everything reinstalled while connected to AC power and 1 without but they both allow CRV now(I also reset the app *deleted all data*)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
dcfox1
Master
Master

For CVR the cams have to be connected to a Hub and also on AC power to work. You said the pro4's are not connected to a Hub. Also CVR is an additional subscription from Secure. Have you signed up for both or is preventing you from doing so for the reasons listed?

What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
That doesn't make sense considering the support models under CVR is Pro 4. That model neither uses a hub or AC power............ I uploaded the support camars info
20220118_155528.jpg
dcfox1
Master
Master

@MurrayRa wrote:
That doesn't make sense considering the support models under CVR is Pro 4. That model neither uses a hub or AC power............ I uploaded the support camars info

The Pro4 can connect to a hub or your wifi but needs a hub connection for CVR as stated in the link I posted. The Hub and outdoor Ac cord is a separate option. Most cameras like Pro3 come with a Hub as the cams connect to that only.

MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
So AC power I can understand that. Just order charging cables. But it still has the issue Pro 4 does not connect to my hub they connect wifi direct...thanks for help
MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
I already have a hub..it did not give me a option to connect to hub....maybe I missed it ill try removing them and reinstall
dcfox1
Master
Master

@MurrayRa wrote:
I already have a hub..it did not give me a option to connect to hub....maybe I missed it ill try removing them and reinstall

Yea If figured you had a hub from your first post so remove the cams and during set up select Hub instead of wifi. 

MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
Thank you again once I get the AC cords delivered ill try again
Thanks for help
JKrue
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same exact issue with multiple Pro 4 cams and a Pro 3 Flood.  It doesn't give me an option to select on the same 'CVR Subscription' screen you encountered.   I have 3 of 7 cameras hooked into AC power.  I do not have a hub, however, I'm under the impression that a hub is not necessary with Pro 4 cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JKrue wrote:

however, I'm under the impression that a hub is not necessary with Pro 4 cameras.

I believe a hub is required if you want CVR though.

MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
I got it working. I have 1 connected to hub with other camara(for arming reasons) and 1 connected without hub
MurrayRa
Guide
Guide
I uninstalled everything reinstalled while connected to AC power and 1 without but they both allow CRV now(I also reset the app *deleted all data*)
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation