Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joel2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upon cancellation of subscription your cameras become useless.

so much trouble to simply have access to your camera if you aren’t home and trying to watch locally stored video

5 REPLIES 5
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There's recording to the base station, and recording to the Arlo Cloud.  Recording to the base never requires a subscription, recording to the Arlo Cloud often does.  Your legacy cameras came with 7 days of free cloud storage - none of the currently sold cameras have that.  

Local recording is a feature of the base, not the cameras.  The base will save motion (and audio) triggered recordings from every camera that is connected to that base.   A list of the cameras that can be connected to the various bases is here:

The older base stations (VMB4000 and VMB4500) support local recording, but not playback.  The ONLY way to see locally stored recordings on those bases is to eject the storage from the app and connect it to a PC for viewing.

The VMB4540 and VMB5000 smarthubs do support direct access to local storage in the app.

This feature doesn't have a great user experience, though many do use it instead of a subscription.  Limitations include:

• recordings only available in the app (not the browser)
  • recordings only available in the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • no ability to make manual recordings or snapshots
  • no thumbnails - recordings need to be downloaded to the phone to view
  • access to the local recordings isn't quite as easy as accessing cloud recordings
  • remote access requires router setting changes that many find difficult, and which won't work (or aren't available) with some internet service providers.

Note that there are other subscription features - for example activity zones and smart notifications.

Joel2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a reason why my 7 day free storage is no longer available?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try logging out and logging back into the account. Are you not seeing a feed at all? 

Joel2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only see live feed. The 7 days are gone.

it is asking me to subscribe for 30 day storage subscription.

Joel2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see only the live feed.

i do not see events saved for 7 days. Its all grayed out.

i have already logged out and logged back in.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation