Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blurry Arlo Pro4

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Blast54
Follower
Follower

Hello, I just received the Pro4 today and wanted to use it at the garage away from the house by 60ft ( my phone and laptop work there) The video both live and recorded are not very clear. I thought maybe I might need a signal booster as my router indoor is in the best spot for access to cables.  I brought the  PRO4 unit to the front door of the house to see if a stronger signal would help...I am going to see if I can upload the video. I am very disappointed as I was hoping at least it would record a license plate at 20-30ft. 

ARLO_Moment.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your image has 2 issues - low light which makes recording details more difficult and, assuming you haven't cropped it or zoomed in, is somewhat pixelated. That implies a signal issue, probably due to the distance. A WiFi extender may well help out and is worth a try. However, you're not going to see license plate detail at the distance you want. The resolution may be able to do so but not when you figure in the compression also used. These are activity cameras, not ID-type which would record a much smaller area.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your image has 2 issues - low light which makes recording details more difficult and, assuming you haven't cropped it or zoomed in, is somewhat pixelated. That implies a signal issue, probably due to the distance. A WiFi extender may well help out and is worth a try. However, you're not going to see license plate detail at the distance you want. The resolution may be able to do so but not when you figure in the compression also used. These are activity cameras, not ID-type which would record a much smaller area.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation