Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to take manual videos or photos with PRO 4 camera on a VMB4540

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
paulinde
Tutor
Tutor

I have added a Pro 4 and VMB4540 to my existing system of 4 Pro 2 cameras on another hub.

So far I have the Pro 4 and 1 Pro 2 camera installed (moved from old hub) on the VMB4540 which has a usb drive installed. I have not subscribed to any cloud storage for the Pro 4.

My problem is that there are no icons on the app to take a video or still photo when viewing the Pro 4 camera.  Any motion on the Pro 4 records to the VMB4540 fine.

Am I missing something?

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@paulinde wrote:

I have added a Pro 4 and VMB4540 to my existing system of 4 Pro 2 cameras on another hub.

So far I have the Pro 4 and 1 Pro 2 camera installed (moved from old hub) on the VMB4540 which has a usb drive installed. I have not subscribed to any cloud storage for the Pro 4.

My problem is that there are no icons on the app to take a video or still photo when viewing the Pro 4 camera.  Any motion on the Pro 4 records to the VMB4540 fine.

Am I missing something?

I  assume your 3 month trial ran out. Without a sub  you wont have the record or still button as you said on the Pro4 and obviously Cloud storage. 

What options will I have when my Arlo trial ends?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

@paulinde wrote:

Am I missing something?

I  assume your 3 month trial ran out. Without a sub  you wont have the record or still button as you said on the Pro4 and obviously Cloud storage. 

What options will I have when my Arlo trial ends?

paulinde
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, was wondering if it was a sub issue, never found any good info on what the sub did for you. Thanks for the link! At this point I had not tried the sub.

Paul
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation