Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blue blinking light

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo Pro 4 camera inside plugged into an Arlo charging cable. From what I gather the blue led light blinks anytime it is recording. This light is a nuisance. Can it be turned off? My other cameras that I have don’t do this. It is a fast blink that happens all the time it seems like. Yes I have turned off the LED for full battery toggle.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may be a faulty camera, try triggering motion using battery-only, AC-only and both battery and AC. It may be worthwhile to remove and re-onboard the camera.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AFreeze,

A fast blinking blue LED means the camera has synced to a base station/SmartHub/router. There is no LED behavior associated with motion detection. See here: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo camera mean?

JamesC

AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant

So then why is my camera always have a blue blinking light?  I do not have a hub so you are telling me it is syncing to my router all the time.  None of my other cameras do this.  It should not be having trouble syncing.  Is there anything you can suggest as to why this camera constantly is blinking blue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may be a faulty camera, try triggering motion using battery-only, AC-only and both battery and AC. It may be worthwhile to remove and re-onboard the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation