Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Away not working with new iphone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Richland
Guide
Guide

I have 2 administrators on my Arlo pro 4 cameras. Recently one of the iPhones was changed and now away mode/geofencing not working with that one administrator. I eliminated and then re-added but it’s still not working. I’m sure I’m missing some setting. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the location settings proper? Not an iOS user so don't have much insight but I know there's a setting for the app to have data access which may or may not be important. Also, ensure that that person isn't logging out which will break normal behavior for geofencing. Not being logged in means the system can't determine where he is.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Are the location settings proper?

Make sure the admin is always logged into the app.

Location for the app should be set to "always", background app refresh should be on, and of course both local network and cellular data should be on.   You'll also find Location In/Out notifications.  If you enable them on the problem phone, it should get notifications whenever that phone leaves or enters the location.  That might be useful for your troubleshooting.

All these are in the apple settings ("General", then scroll down until you see Arlo secure).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation