Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo site is ridiculous when it comes to signing in

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
TechGuyAlabama
Follower
Follower

I sign in two different locations, home and work, and the security prompts that you have to go through to get signed in really make me not want to use the site. I'm constantly having to get my cell phone text and enter in a key, every damn time I sign in. On top of that, you cannot copy and paste the code in the site so I don't have to remember the 6 digit key. If I try to paste it from my browser, where I get the text, it doesn't do anything, which just makes the sign in more annoying. If you site isn't smart enough to remember me, then I'll find one that can. 

Best answers
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes everyone is going with two factor authorisation recently saying you have no choice. It’s to protect their backend systems from attacks is my understanding. The fact you can’t cut and paste the security code is to prevent automated attacks proberbly so just rely on the mobile app interface.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
It’s to protect their backend systems from attacks is my understanding. 

I believe it was Arlo's response to several reports of Ring cameras being compromised due to password leaks (or brute force password attacks).  As noted in the news link, it was also Ring's response.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation