Problem with two Pro 4 users at same time

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Richlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have been using the Arlo Pro 4 system with no problems with the app and my phone, but I tried to add my wife as an additional "main user" today by downloading the Pro 4 app to her phone, but it wouldn't work. It said I needed to sync the cameras to her phone, but then it wouldn't let the camera see the scan code.  I then added her as a "friend" in the Arlo settings page on my computer and granted her access, and that seemed to work. Was the problem that Arlo will NOT allow two "main" users -- both using the Pro 4 app, and using the scan code to sync the cameras, etc.? Will giving her "friend" access work just as well? Thanks for answering.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Richlab wrote:

Was the problem that Arlo will NOT allow two "main" users -- both using the Pro 4 app, and using the scan code to sync the cameras, etc.? 

Correct.  The cameras can only be in one account, and there can only be one device logged into that account at a time.

@Richlab wrote:

Will giving her "friend" access work just as well? Thanks for answering.

There are some settings that she won't be able to change, but in general it should work just as well.  Not sure if you also gave her access rights or not - if you didn't you should consider adding them.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation