Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo set up ok but locks up phone when trying to connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
smilelo
Initiate
Initiate

The worst product ever made. I have bought many camera's over the years and this one is a terrible product. Arlo software is not ready for public use. Dozens of tries to get it to connect over 4 days is not acceptable. It set  up ok on my phone and connected , but never worked. No image , locks up the phone. When you uninstall it on either device and try to reinstall it , it makes no attempt to connect or work. JUNK

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smilelo,

It sounds like you're referring to live streaming? When you say it locks up could you provide more details? Are you seeing an error message?

What does the signal strength icon show for this camera?

JamesC

smilelo
Initiate
Initiate

Signal shows very good. LG tv , Direct TV online and Cell phone also show very good to excellent signal. I TRIED to set the camera up on top of the router and it took dozens of tries for the desktop computer windows based software to see the camera. When it finally installed, none of the controls would work . I deleted the camera to install it again and it was NOT found again. I tried for 2 days. set up could not find the  camera again . It found the QR code every time but no connection after that) The phone was better, it found the camera after 2  tries. Any attempt to see a picture or change any control caused the phone to freeze. I uninstalled the camera and the app and  reinstalled and the camera was Never discovered again. I sent it back today. I was in IT/programming/operation for over 20 years. I have installed and maintained  mainframes/pc networks/cameras   and everything in between. Don’t know if  the hard ware for this camera is good or bad, but the software is a joke. When the reset is engaged for the GR code and it reads it, the blue light goes out every time before  it gets a chance to the find the device, It has to be reset again, and in my experience that’s to late. Something in the software will not allow a reinstall of the same camera . Also ,every time you go to the app/or wins software It does not  recognize the location???????? And sends a new code. I used the same name/email/location every time (dozens and maybe hundreds  of time)     Thanks for the inquirey.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation