Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo pro4 s don't connect to a new account.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
YuNick50
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I initially set up an account overseas, but I'm in Italy now and purchased, in Italy, 4 x pro 4s. These paired nicely with my account set up overseas but some pro 5s I also got didn't.

So, with the advice of James I set up a new account in Italy and successfully paired my new pro5s to the new account. However my 4 x Pro 4s won't pair to the new account setup in Italy. 

My steps taken were :

1) removed the old pro4s from my old account set up overseas. 

2) tried to then pair them with my new account set up in Italy. When this didn't work... 

3) I then removed the housing and pressed the synch button for about 20 secs hoping that reset the unit to factory. I then tried to synch to my new Italy formed account but, whilst I get the chime every time, it's not found. 

Any idea how to resolve please? 

Thank you for reading this far 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That should have worked. I would try:

-  On your old account, use Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Delete Arlo account. That will not only remove the account but any remnants of devices that may still be somehow associated with it.

- When attempting to reset the cameras, be sure to follow this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

- If possible, temporarily disable the 5GHz band of your router, assuming you're not using a hub to connect the cameras. Ensure your WiFi is using WPA2 (AES) encryption (seems like it is since you connected the Pro 5s).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That should have worked. I would try:

-  On your old account, use Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Delete Arlo account. That will not only remove the account but any remnants of devices that may still be somehow associated with it.

- When attempting to reset the cameras, be sure to follow this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

- If possible, temporarily disable the 5GHz band of your router, assuming you're not using a hub to connect the cameras. Ensure your WiFi is using WPA2 (AES) encryption (seems like it is since you connected the Pro 5s).

YuNick50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great thank u. That fixed it! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation