Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 local recording with Base Station VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Moogle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I recently purchased a 3-pack bundle of Arlo Pro 4 cameras, and after a quick and easy installation process I wanted to test it to make sure it's functioning properly but here's what happened:

1. I get notifications for motion/sound but there are no recordings, and the Pro 4 cameras do not even show up in the library when i try to filter the library for specific devices. Upon researching a bit I found that Pro 4's can save when there's a microSD and not a USB 2.0 flash drive?

Can someone confirm if I upgrade my Base Station from VMB4000 to VMB5000 will that solve my issue and I can record events from my Pro 4's locally?

2. At night / in the dark, the red infrared dots show up. But upon turning on live streaming, I hear a loud click from the camera, and the live stream feed cuts momentarily but comes back on within seconds. I suspect a faulty camera maybe..?

Appreciate any feedback and help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moogle wrote:

Upon researching a bit I found that Pro 4's can save when there's a microSD and not a USB 2.0 flash drive?

No, that is not quite correct.

Direct access to local storage requires a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  The VMB4540 uses USB; the VMB5000 uses microSD.

Your VMB4000 should still be saving recordings locally, but to see them you need to eject the flash drive from the base, and then review the recordings on a PC.  Have you tried that?

@Moogle wrote:

2. At night / in the dark, the red infrared dots show up. But upon turning on live streaming, I hear a loud click from the camera, and the live stream feed cuts momentarily but comes back on within seconds. I suspect a faulty camera maybe..?

Is this happening with all the cameras?  

The click might be the IR filter engaging in the camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moogle wrote:

Upon researching a bit I found that Pro 4's can save when there's a microSD and not a USB 2.0 flash drive?

No, that is not quite correct.

Direct access to local storage requires a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  The VMB4540 uses USB; the VMB5000 uses microSD.

Your VMB4000 should still be saving recordings locally, but to see them you need to eject the flash drive from the base, and then review the recordings on a PC.  Have you tried that?

@Moogle wrote:

Is this happening with all the cameras?  

The click might be the IR filter engaging in the camera.

Moogle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick reply! You're totally right. The events from Pro 4 are saved on the usb stick but can only be viewed through PC.

Also in regards to the clicking issue. I tested the other two cameras and they work perfectly fine and the recordings are very smooth and clear. However when viewing the recordings of the clicking camera, The videos cut off exactly at the click moment and resumes two seconds later. So this means I have to return it under warranty.

Again thanks a lot for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation