Arlo pro 4 camera issues

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi...looking for some answers with the pro 4...just recently had my subscriptions deleted and I cannot add the new one...i have no access to recordings motion or otherwise...all I can do now is watch live
12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Man93 wrote:
Hi...looking for some answers with the pro 4...just recently had my subscriptions deleted and I cannot add the new one...i have no access to recordings motion or otherwise...all I can do now is watch live

What is happening when you try to get the new subscription?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Man93,

Arlo Pro 4 requires an active trial or subscription plan to save library recordings. Are you experiencing an issue subscribing to a plan?

JamesC

Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I tried to get a subscription...I cannot... I believe they messed with my account when I called about my cameras not charging properly...I used to not have to have a subscription for the 4s but I had one anyways...now like I said I cannot get a subscription and have 100+ dollars on my bank cards now.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Man93 wrote:

Yes I tried to get a subscription...I cannot... 

Are you using https://my.arlo.com/#/settings/subscription/ ?  If so, where is it going wrong?  

If your browser is using autofill, then try entering all the fields from the keyboard.

@Man93 wrote:

now like I said I cannot get a subscription and have 100+ dollars on my bank cards now.

Not sure what the 100+ dollars is about.  If you were charged when you called, then you were talking to a scam support person, and not Arlo.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant

No not a scam- they messed up my account and I cannot even call them because I apparently do not have a subscription to call even though it was wiped away....I spent 2 plus hours on a stupid chat feature- they do not have decency to call you to update you with case results- you need to get back on the chat- I couldnt even reply to the "update the case" emails because it wouldnt let me submit a reply...so frustrating.  If this doesnt get resolved soon I am going with a different wireless security system. ARLO IS JUNK

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have an Arlo Case number, you could post it here - one of the mods ( @JamesC or @ShayneS ) could then look into it.

Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I begin? I have several case numbers- The original reason I called was to get pieces of the equipment swapped out because I had charging issues...I did recently find a proof of purchase...I was given a hard time because I could not locate it at first even though the purchase was marked on the account and the customer service reps shouldve clearly seen it on their end....

here is the case number 42968187

THEN, even though I NEVER had issues in the past with the subscription (I had 2 subscriptions)...I currently have NO subscriptions posted to my account (so maybe they got wiped by the customer service reps?) and I for the life of me, cannot put on another subscription. However, the charges keep getting placed on my bank statements (both credit cards used)....here is that case number:  42969115

BTW- Since when was subscriptions required on ARLO 4s to be able to see the recordings? When we got the 4s in the [past  summer none of that was needed

Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the help you have provided in helping me find an answer- more than any of the customer reps have done so far!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Man93 wrote:

BTW- Since when was subscriptions required on ARLO 4s to be able to see the recordings? When we got the 4s in the [past  summer none of that was needed

Pro 4 cameras have always required a subscription for cloud recordings (all the newer cameras - starting with the Ultra in 2018 - require that).  It comes with a 3 month trial that you are automatically opted into when you install.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Man93

I've reviewed your open support ticket and requested a status update. An agent will follow up with you with more information.

JamesC

Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James C- I appreciate it. I hope someone does follow up. All I heard so far from them was asking to reply to the case status which I tried to do but the system wouldn't let me do that either. They claimed in the email they would call but no one ever did. This issue has been going on for the past week. Thanks for the help.

Monica

Man93
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI JAmes C- The advise I was given from the agent has nothing to do with the problem...they a=were saying I wasnt logging in to the correct account or there were no cameras attached....I would have to be moronic if this was the case... I still need help with the subscription or I am calling my bank to file a complaint against ARLO for my money back...

Another email from "KAren" stated that they would need to troubleshoot the cameras before sending a replacement which I did for 2 HOURS through the chat which was exhausting....

All these emails I get from arlo I cannot reply to...it doesnt allow you to reply....HOW CAN I RESOLVE THIS?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation