Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Michelle-Housto
Aspirant
Aspirant

The customer service for Arlo is so limited, it's impossible to find a live agents.

I found not helpful for my questions.

please can soemone help with checking my account set up.

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michelle-Housto wrote:

The customer service for Arlo is so limited, it's impossible to find a live agents.

I found not helpful for my questions.

please can soemone help with checking my account set up.

What questions do you have?

Michelle-Housto
Aspirant
Aspirant

We subscribed to the recording service this year, as my husband mentioned, and everything was working fine.

However, after a recent storm, we replaced our internet router, and everything related to the internet was reset. Since then, the Arlo camera has stopped recording like it used to. I’m not sure what happened—whether the plan isn’t recognizing the new internet setup or if our service plan has expired.

I need someone to check what’s causing the Arlo recording system to stop working.

Can you assist with this?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Replacing the router may be the issue. Are your cameras directly connected to your WiFi or do they connect to a SmartHub? The easiest thing to do when getting a new router is to change the router settings for the WiFi to use the same SSID and password as before so any device that was connected will automatically connect to the new one. However, if those weren't changed, you must use the app to change the WiFi connection for each camera. Is that what you have already tried? If so, try removing one camera from the account, reset it as shown in the FAQ below and see if that works.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Michelle-Housto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I have done what you suggested, removing the cameras from the account, reset it with the new internet.

i still have the issue that the Arlo system didn't take any recording.

who can help?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michelle-Housto wrote:

Thank you, I have done what you suggested, removing the cameras from the account, reset it with the new internet.

i still have the issue that the Arlo system didn't take any recording.

Can you livestream the cameras?

Have you checked your subscription plan?  Browse to my.arlo.com on a PC.

Michelle-Housto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am able to livestream, but I cannot record.

I have logged in, but I cannot see the subscription plan or my subscription history. Therefore, I’m not sure if my subscription has expired. I need someone to check this for me—that’s why I need live customer service assistance.

I believe we have paid for and subscribed to the service for the entire year.

please refer my first message post here,

---We subscribed to the recording service this year, as my husband mentioned, and everything was working fine.

However, after a recent storm, we replaced our internet router, and everything related to the internet was reset. Since then, the Arlo camera has stopped recording like it used to. I’m not sure what happened—whether the plan isn’t recognizing the new internet setup or if our service plan has expired.

I need someone to check what’s causing the Arlo recording system to stop working.

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michelle-Housto wrote:

I have logged in, but I cannot see the subscription plan or my subscription history. Therefore, I’m not sure if

If you see "Library" in your app menu, try following this guide to see your current plan:

If instead you see "Feed" and "Dashboard", follow this one:

@Michelle-Housto wrote:

This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  So I cannot check the status of your account or subscription.

If the instructions above aren't enough, then post back and I'll tag an Arlo Mod, who should be able to help.

Michelle-Housto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information,

i followed your instructions, i went to Library, i cannot see the current plan, it only show me the Date without recording.

i need Arlo ppl to look at my order history and confirm my current status....

is this so hard for Arlo? why is't so INCONVENIENT, I AM SO UPSET.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michelle-Housto wrote:

i followed your instructions, i went to Library,

Then you did not follow my instructions.

If you SEE Library in your app menu, then

1. Log in to my.arlo.com on a PC 
  2. Click Settings > Subscription.

Michelle-Housto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I log in to myarlo.com on PC, then go to Settings, the "Subscription" is in a grey color which I cannot click,Screenshot 2024-10-03 at 11.37.27 AM.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michelle-Housto wrote:

I log in to myarlo.com on PC, then go to Settings, the "Subscription" is in a grey color which I cannot click,

Are you using the primary account (the one the cameras were installed to)?

I am tagging the mods - @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS - as they can assist.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Michelle-Housto 

I escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation