Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Took Down Network?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
agraham999
Follower
Follower

Hello, odd problem hoping someone can help. 

So I setup a system in our vacation house which I'm now no longer at and can't "fix" the issues, but wondering why it occurred.

I run a Deco wireless mesh system with 9 running Deco units. The master Deco is plugged direct to the service providers router, and all the Deco units are wired directly via CAT6 into the network. So there are no units that could lose signal. I have 4 Nest Cameras that connect wirelessly to the Deco network and I have 7 Arlo cameras outside, mostly Pro models, and three base stations. Two of the three Base Stations are plugged directly into the back of Deco units to piggyback off their ethernet connection, however one of them is connected directly via CAT6 in the wall to the network and is on the opposite side of that room. 

I had them all up and running and everything was working relatively fine, except suddenly (now that I'm 6k miles away), The three Deco units that service the rooms where the Arlo Base Stations are have gone offline, and even the Arlo Base Station that is plugged directly into the router is also down. It's nonsensical. All the other Deco units are operational, all the Nest Camera's are working. Three rooms down, all the rooms with Arlo Base Stations in them.

I have my architect coming this week and will reset them, but prior to that I'm wondering what anyone might think has happened. It's very strange that all three Deco units where the Arlo units are having gone offline, but all the others are fine. Meanwhile I have no security cameras working around the property.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

agraham999,

Has this issue occurred again since the original occurrence? I've not heard of a scenario in which Arlo devices have cause a network outage, partial or otherwise.

JamesC

herovtret
Aspirant
Aspirant

Verify that the Deco units are still connected to the network. Sometimes, even wired connections can experience issues due to faulty cables or network settings. Check the Ethernet cables connecting the Deco units to ensure they are securely plugged in. Also, ensure you’re using the Ethernet cables that came with your system. Confirm that the power adapters for the Deco units are securely connected to the back of each unit and properly plugged into an outlet.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation