Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Makeitwork
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras went offline (it is the furthest from the SmartHub) and I could not get it to reconnect, even after bringing inside right next to router and SmartHub and pressing the sync button (SmartHub light was blue).

So I removed the camera from the app and attempted to re-add i,t but now cannot. At first the light blinked blue and the chime sounded but it could not be re added. The next time it blinked blue, but no chime. 

Other 2 cameras are fine, although one required a firmware update around this time (but the other didn’t).

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Makeitwork,

You will need to factory reset the camera before attempting to sync it again. Follow the instructions listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

Makeitwork
Aspirant
Aspirant

The link you provide says that to "factory reset" a Pro4 you have to press the sync button and then remove and re-add the camera, which is what I did... except I could not re-add it.

I did not reset the SmartHub, however (because the other 2 cameras are still working). The link does not say I need to do that... But maybe that is the next step? Does that involve just turning off & on, or do I have to do something with a paper clip?

Do I have to remove and re install the other 2 cameras as well (dont really want to mess with those because they are working, and am afraid I will not be able to re-add them...and then will have 0 cameras) 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Makeitwork,

You should not need to factory reset the base station (turning off the power and power back on however, is a good troubleshooting step to try).

If the camera successfully completed the factory reset as outlined in the article linked above, make sure the camera is fully charged, restart (power on and off) the base station and then attempt to sync again.

JamesC

Makeitwork
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unplugging and resetting the hub did not work. What finally worked was to press sync and then remove the battery and attach AC power and then re-add. I have no idea why.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation