Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Trusti
Guide
Guide

Hello i am writing from Germany.

5 of 6 cameras (Arlo Pro 4) do not get a Firmware Update.
1 camera has the new Firmware: 1.080.18.6_66_bda8d63.
The other 5 cameras have the Firmware: 1.080.17.5_75_e008e4.

It is also not possible to update manually.
It is displayed: no updates available.

I have changed the batteries on the cameras. Also waited longer than 20 seconds. I also deleted and added a new camera to test.

There are simply no updates. And this for over 1 week.
My internet connection is stable. Bandwidth is high enough.

Also no updates are shown to me via the website.
My app is up to date.
I have also deleted the App-Cache as a test.

Nothing has helped so far.

What else can i do to get all cameras up to date?

Can anyone help??

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You sure the cameras are Pro 4 models? The latest firmware available is shown here:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Pro4-VMC4041P-1-080-18-6-66-bda8d63-23-Jan...

By any chance are you set up for trial firmware testing with Arlo?

Trusti
Guide
Guide

Definitely ArloPro 4.
As described in the beginning, 1 camera has the current Firmware.
Here 2 screenshots with one current Firmware of one camera and the other (older Firmware) 5 cameras.

Now extra to make a trial account to test I find as effort too much. What should my account have to do with it?

There must be another solution for it.
If you already invest some time anyway.

Screenshot_20230225-161338_Arlo Secure.jpgScreenshot_20230225-161354_Arlo Secure.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I misread your original post showing the old firmware (I missed a decimal point).

You have done what I would suggest so the next step is to use Settings, Support, select your camera and contact official support. The cameras should update automatically after a day or two but have failed to do so. 

One last thing to try is to reboot your router or hub, depending on how the cameras are connected, to see if that helps. You may need to reinsert a battery to test this.

Trusti
Guide
Guide

I have rebootet the Router. Also deleted 1 camera again an re-added. And changed the Battery. Battery is full charged.

No effect at all...

Now, i don't know what else I can do....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, Support to get to the official support.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy
My Pro 4 toy has just updated on the 2nd March, they all seem to update at different times. My wired CCTV gets updates when they come out and at least I can update them myself. Also I can see faces at night I can hardly make out a fox in my vicinity let alone a human with the Pro 4, the megapixel count does not matter its the size of the sensor thats important and these cameras are to small to have decent sized sensors sadly. Typically 1/1.7” and 1/3” are the best in most use cases, the larger the better and a 5MP will do just fine, and have full colour in minimal light due to the large sensor size without having a tiny light on like the Pro 4's. 8MP CCTV camers are good but need a much larger bitrate to get good images, and they tend to have smaller sensors like 1/2.8"
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation