Arlo Pro 4 videos won't stream in computer browser

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rrlo
Guide
Guide

I have some Arlo Pro 4's. The videos that get emailed to me with alerts will not stream in my computer web browsers (Firefox or Chrome). Nor will livestreaming work in my web browser.

I also have an Arlo Essential XL, and those videos DO work for streaming in my browser.

I'm thinking about selling my Arlo Pro 4's. Before I do so, does anyone know of a way to get Arlo Pro 4 to work with Firefox??  I've already tried turning tracking on, that doesn't solve the problem, and those videos are undesirable.

Any help would be appreciated!!

NOTE: I tried posting this over a year ago, and there was no solution. I'm hoping that Arlo has done some sort of upgrade/update. Just checking once more before downgrading my cameras.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rrlo wrote:

I have some Arlo Pro 4's. The videos that get emailed to me with alerts will not stream in my computer web browsers (Firefox or Chrome). Nor will livestreaming work in my web browser.

Does your PC have hardware acceleration for 2K HEVC video?  Many older computers do not.

If you aren't sure, you could reply with the CPU your PC is using. Try entering "about this PC"  in the Windows search bar.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation