Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 trial shenanigans

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
arlo3fail
Tutor
Tutor

Users may or may not be interested in this saga.  I had a Pro 3 system for a while, but after endless problems, returned it as unfit for purpose (luckily the vendor agreed and refunded me).  I then went for a Pro 4 system (without hub) - yes, I know, once bitten, etc...

Anyway, all went well for a couple of weeks.  I then cancelled my Pro 3 cloud subscription as it was no longer needed and I had some free months with the Pro 4.  And hey presto, all my cameras went offline!  And I really mean offline, not just stopped recording to the cloud.

So, I went through the reset, resync process, but they refused to go online.  They did the chime,  flashed a bit, but then gave up.  My trial subscription was still there, I could see that, just couldn't get the cameras online.

During some discussions with Support, where the main implication was that my internet was too slow / cameras too remote / wrong version of App, etc, etc, I did my own experiments.  To cut a long story short, and it is a long one with multiple resets, setting up a ladder, etc, etc) I created a new Arlo account and the cameras went online fine.  Trouble was, my free subs was on a different account, and Arlo said they couldn't move it across.  

So, I then deleted the cameras again from the new account, and went through the process again with the old one.  Magic!  All now worked fine, and my cloud subscription was still there.

Neither I nor Arlo seem to have an idea what the problem was or why my cameras went offline in the first place.  Even if their systems had accidentally killed my trial (and looking at the Settings it was clear they hadn't), that still should not have taken my cameras offline, it should simply have stopped cloud recording.

Not sure if this experience will help anyone else, but the temporary new account seemed to do the trick.

Now, how long will they keep working this time?

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation