Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Asumasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read the threads related to the same problem but they were not helpful.

I have 3 identical cameras on wifi, no base station. Firmware = 1.080.17.3_50_94fae6e. One of them stopped recording. It detects motion, as per the yellow light coming on when I wave in front of it. I restarted it, removed and reinserted the battery, no help there. If there is an explicit start/stop recording button somewhere, I haven't found it. No, I haven't done anything to this camera that I haven't also done to the other 2. Actually I haven't done anything to any of the 3 since I first installed them about a year ago. Connections to wifi are "strong". iPhone OS, in case it matters.

Please advise.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you checked the camera rules in settings?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Asumasu wrote:

I have 3 identical cameras on wifi, no base station. Firmware = 1.080.17.3_50_94fae6e. One of them stopped recording. It detects motion, as per the yellow light coming on when I wave in front of it.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?  Note if you 2K livestreaming enabled, you'll need to temporarily disable it in order to test this.

Asumasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm sorry but I do not see "Camera Rules" in Settings. 

Asumasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Both the nonrecording camera and the other 2 are able to make manual recordings. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Asumasu wrote:

I'm sorry but I do not see "Camera Rules" in Settings. 

That's because the rules are inside the mode(s).  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation