Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 - schedule for a specific camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Steve13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to set a schedule for a specific camera vs the entire system?  The camera that catches my dog every time he goes out is crushing me.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve13 wrote:

Is there a way to set a schedule for a specific camera vs the entire system?  

Yes.  If you have a base station you

1. Create a custom mode (let's call it Abner for the invisible dog) that includes all your cameras except for the one you want excluded. https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them
  2. Create a schedule that uses the Abner mode when you don't want the dog recorded, and uses armed the rest of the time. https://kb.arlo.com/4900/How-can-I-set-a-schedule-for-my-camera-in-my-Arlo-account

If you don't have a base station, you can just create the schedule (using disarmed when you don't want the dog recorded).

Note that a schedule entry can't span midnight - so you have to end the entry at 11:59 pm, and create a new one as 12:00 am.

Steve13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the quick reply StephenB!  I went through the steps you outlined and it appears like I will still need to toggle between standard schedule mode and “Abner mode” daily?  Meaning, I toggle to Abner mode when I don’t want the cameras to pick up my dog.  And then switch back to full system armed at night (as an example).   Am I getting that correct? 

I ask because I had hoped to find a “simple way” to have, for instance, Front Door Camera and Back Door Camera armed all the time.  But Side Door (or Abner) Camera turn on only at night when the dog isn’t out.  And, have that be the default setting every day … meaning I would not have to switch back and forth between modes daily. 

I may be completely missing a step … but am having difficulty doing this.

Thanks again so much for your help!

Best

Steve

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve13 wrote:

I went through the steps you outlined and it appears like I will still need to toggle between standard schedule mode and “Abner mode” daily?  Meaning, I toggle to Abner mode when I don’t want the cameras to pick up my dog.  And then switch back to full system armed at night (as an example).   Am I getting that correct? 

No.  You edit the schedule so it automatically switches between the  Abner mode and the Armed mode at the times you choose.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation