Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlopro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello
My Arlo pro 4 stopped recording. Do I need to get on a ladder and remove and re add it? I’m on a 3 month trial subscription and so far it’s giving me problems.
Does it have a battery percentage that it will stop recording when it’s under 50 percent left of battery?
I bought the solar charger for it too so it won’t run out of battery. Help is appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlopro4 wrote:
My Arlo pro 4 stopped recording. 

Does it still livestream?

If so, can you make a manual recording while it is livestreaming?

Arlopro4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would prefer or like to have it work just like it’s suppose to and record and no manual recording.

Do I have a lemon?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlopro4 wrote:
I would prefer or like to have it work just like it’s suppose to and record and no manual recording.

Understood.  I'm asking these questions as a troubleshooting step - I am not saying manual recording is a solution. 

So please let us know if you can livestream, and make a manual recording while doing so.

Arlopro4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see on the troubleshooting, in this case, Yes I can do a manual recording.

Next steps please.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlopro4 wrote:
I see on the troubleshooting, in this case, Yes I can do a manual recording.

Great.  That means that the camera is connecting to the Arlo Cloud, and also confirms your subscription status.

Next question - are you getting notifications about motion events (motion, people, vehicles, animals) on your phone (but not seeing recordings)?  

Or are there no notifications?

Arlopro4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not getting notifications on anything at all. It just stopped working. It was working. It was working before.

I checked and selected notifications on motion events (motion, people, vehicles, animals) to alert me and it just suddenly stopped working.

Notifications stopped working.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlopro4 wrote:
I’m not getting notifications on anything at all.

Then the next thing to check is whether the camera is armed (also something you can do w/o the ladder).

Go into the "modes" section of the app, and look for the current mode for the camera.  If it isn't "Armed", then set it to that, and see if anything changes.

Arlopro4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have already done that too. I turned it off to disarm and set it back to arm to refresh it and still does not work.

This isn’t reliable and very expensive. I’m still using the trial 3 month and I’m not impressed so far.
Not a happy customer.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlopro4 wrote:
I have already done that too. I turned it off to disarm and set it back to arm to refresh it and still does not work.

Did you also check the rule in the "armed" mode, to make sure it is set to record? https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Also, have you tried the motion detection test? (shouldn't require a ladder, but you do need to see the camera face).  It's described in the first part of this article: https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

What is the approximate distance between the camera and the moving objects?

The passive infrared (PIR) sensors generally have a range of about 20-25 feet.  They will pick up some motion beyond that (it depends on the amount of IR the object is producing or reflecting).  But they won't work reliably if the camera is too far away.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation