Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 randomly stops detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Lanis01
Initiate
Initiate

I'm beyond frustrated with this, so I'm turning to the community here to hopefully get some answers.

I have an Arlo Pro 4 camera that randomly stops detecting motion. This actually happens to another camera from time to time, but lately it's a specific camera that gets this issue. The issue is usually resolved when I take out the battery and put it back in, but I can't keep doing that becomes it involves getting on a latter to reach this camera. 

Everything about the camera seems like it works just fine. The wifi connection is good, the battery is charged and connected to a solar panel, and I've tried restarting as well as turning off the camera from the app - nothing fixes this issue outside of taking the battery out. I can view the live feed and manually record, but the motion detection just stops without warning. 

This camera is aimed at a street, but my activity zones cover the sidewalk only. I occasionally get random "motion alerts" that are not triggered by any actual motion, and I only have smart notifications set to trigger for people. Those alerts come back to back within a second, always, and it's always in pairs of ten second records.

Anyone experience this with their arlo pro 4s? Any advice or help anyone can give me?

25 REPLIES 25
Arlouser112922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation