Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 not recording while using solar power

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
7bshannon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three older Arlo's and one Arlo Pro 4. The three older Arlo's record just fine. The Arlo Pro 4 will not record. I believe the Arlo 4 will not record without a subscription, so I signed up for one for just that camera. I have a solar charger for it, and it does charge the camera, but it does not record. I can switch it on to "Live" mode, and it works, but it will not record. The library shows zero recordings. Is this because it HAS to be connected to AC (i.e., connected to the wall) to record? What's the point of having a solar charger then? I have tried removing the camera and reinstalling it, but still no joy. Anyone have a clue? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

7bshannon,

Are you sure you have an Arlo Secure subscription associated with this camera? Note that a CVR subscription allows for constant video recording, not library recordings.  To receive library recordings, you will need an Arlo Secure subscription plan. For more information on subscription plans, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7bshannon wrote:

The library shows zero recordings. Is this because it HAS to be connected to AC (i.e., connected to the wall) to record? 

No.

Can you first double-check that the camera is in the subscription plan?  Then try making a manual recording while livestreaming, and see if that works.  Note you will need to disable 2K livestreaming first (if you have that enabled).

7bshannon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for answering. I checked and it is listed as on the subscription. I also checked that 2k streaming is off, and it is, and I also turned off Auto HDR and Auto Zoom in case that would help. It's still not recording. I can play Live Stream, and it will indeed stream, but it won't record the stream, and there is no record button available, just sound, mic, and a flashlight. The recordings indicator just shows a "zero." 

Any other ideas of what might be going on?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

7bshannon,

Are you sure you have an Arlo Secure subscription associated with this camera? Note that a CVR subscription allows for constant video recording, not library recordings.  To receive library recordings, you will need an Arlo Secure subscription plan. For more information on subscription plans, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

7bshannon
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC you rock! That was the issue. I had the CVR plan, not the Arlo Secure plan. I attempted to cancel the CVR and added the Secure, and now the camera is successfully recording. Thank you! Interestingly, after cancelling the CVR, it appears as still on the plan with the Secure. I'm assuming it will go away once the billing period is up, but will keep an eye on it. 

Thank you again for your help, it is much appreciated!

7bShannon

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation