Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JeremyInPitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 3 of my cameras record and during live-streaming have a static,clicking sound. Regardless of location or proximity from my wifi hub or battery strength. They are a month old. Can this be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it regular? Can you post a link from your library to one video so we can hear?

JeremyInPitt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Regular? It’s constant on every recording, every camera and during live-streaming

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/20DD8FD13CC07614_202201
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JeremyInPitt wrote:
Regular? It’s constant on every recording, every camera and during live-streaming

It sounds like it starts a couple seconds in (after the vehicle passes).

Maybe try a factory reset on one, and see if that helps.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

If that doesn't help, your options are to

1. exchange with the seller (if you are still within the return window)
  2. contact support (using the options in the app), and ask for replacement cameras

Exchanging is much less hassle.

desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
Did any of the solutions worked?? 2 weeks with these new cameras and now I got static on 2 of the 3 Pro 4 cameras.
JeremyInPitt
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. Still having issues with all three cameras. Not happy
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
I moved the cameras around and the same 2 still make noise. I removed and reinstalled the battery, removed than repaired the cameras back, and still nothing. I'm still using the Pro 720p along side the Pro 4. The Pro 720p has been flawless since day 1, probably 3 years now. I'm running 5 Pro 720p with 3 Pro 4. I'm a bit disappointed as well. Tech support has no fix so I'm gonna return these Pro 4 for a replacement. Some people said the ones with static could be defects. Some people replaced the bad ones and that was the fix. One person here on the forum said ARLO replaced them under warranty and the problem was fixed with the new ones.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation