Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro4 will not read QR code, despite factory re-set.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rd-envdyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Pro4 had been previously connected, we took it down in order to factory reset after it went offline.  I've been trying to reintegrate it into our account, and it won't read the QR code at all - it's the correct WiFi, 2.4 network, I've used a phone and a computer screen, raised and lowered the brightness, fully cleaned the lens, factory reset it AGAIN, nothing is working.  What do I do?!

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rd-envdyn,

Be sure the camera is fully charged, removed from your account and then follow the tips listed here: My Arlo camera won’t scan the QR code during setup

Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

rd-envdyn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Yes, I have been working with a fully charged camera, followed that procedure, and tried all of those tips to no avail.  After none of those tips worked, I factory reset it, and it will still not scan the QR code, so I can't add it back on to our account.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rd-envdyn,

If the tips in the article above still result in an inability to scan the QR code, I encourage you to reach out to the support team for further investigation. You can find support contact options here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JamesC

Babsthom01
Initiate
Initiate
I have had the same problem with no solution at all. Does anybody have the answer?
BKS88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fought the same problem. I live in the country so didn't have need for a password. Wifi was open. Cameras won't link if a password is not entered. Set up encryption, used a password and worked like a charm. Don't know if that helps but hope so.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation