Arlo Pro 4 does not automatically resync

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
philjri
Tutor
Tutor

My new Pro 4 does not automatically resync after a modem reboot (to restore internet). My Arlo doorbell does resync. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
philjri
Tutor
Tutor

Fortunately I bought my camera from Amazon. I sent back and changed to Eufy after checking their customer support and community boards for this issue. It resyncs automatically after power/internet outage.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

philjri,

Consider removing and reinserting the battery. Does the camera come back online?

JamesC

philjri
Tutor
Tutor

It does reconnect if I replace battery. This doesn't help if I'm 100 miles away. I have returned camera to amazon.

Joseph11isf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also encounter this problem this morning. After a power outage my Arlo Pro 4 cameras would not reconnect. Will only connect after reinserting battery and reysncing with wifi. This is a HUGE problem if you are on vacation or 100 miles away! Need update or solution! I also have the Arlo Ultra, they reconnect automatically.
philjri
Tutor
Tutor

After reading comments on this board I gave up and sent my camera back to Amazon. Seems like Arlo is non responsive to multiple complaints on this issue. I bought Eufy after confirming with them their camera will auto resync after internet outage.

Strange that Arlo Pro 4 will not resync, my Arlo doorbell does flawlessly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@philjri wrote:

Strange that Arlo Pro 4 will not resync, my Arlo doorbell does flawlessly.

I think it's a recent bug.  Hopefully one of the mods ( @JamesC . @JessicaP , @ShayneS ) can follow up, and let us know if Arlo has reproduced it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

They have been saying that for a while now and yet no software update, I mean if the doorbell can do it, I imagine the Ultra 2 can do it its either going to be patched with a firmware update or we are left with expensive useless cameras, so what's the time frame for a fix before I take Arlo to the small claims court with the email they said confirming saying they wont reconnect and try to get my money back? I may as well have bought a fake cam and the image quality is appalling too, I get a green flash on my iPhone 13 Pro when the camera does detect movement t the beginning of the video (that's a miracle) and the new app update just released cuts the word 'armed' in half horizontally so that the top half of the letters are missing in scheduled. Do Arlo test anything any more before pushing it out to us it?

philjri
Tutor
Tutor

Fortunately I bought my camera from Amazon. I sent back and changed to Eufy after checking their customer support and community boards for this issue. It resyncs automatically after power/internet outage.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation