Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

I have had the Pro 4’s for three months now and they have functioned reasonably well. However, they recently have started to have a constant static noise in both recordings and live viewing. This is most often accompanied by a cyclic clicking noise at approximately one second intervals. 
I believe they recently had an automatic firmware update that could be to blame but I can’t be sure. 
I also have the Video Doorbell and it’s audio is crystal clear without any hint of static. 

I have tried restarting them, turning them off for a while etc but the noise is persistent. 

To reiterate, they have been fine for three months and have strong wifi reception. Nothing has been added or removed from the house that could interfere with either their internet connection or audio frequencies. 

44 REPLIES 44
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried re-onboarding the camera to your account by chance? 

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

I can’t remember if I’ve tried that. To be certain we’re on the same page, walk me through what re-onboarding entails. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wolfpretzel wrote:

walk me through what re-onboarding entails. 

Removing it from the account and then adding it back.

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

By removing the cameras from my account and re-adding them, I will lose all my settings, activity zones etc. will I not?

Seems like a poor solution to a problem that shouldn’t be there considering cost of these devices and the subscription. 

htx
Tutor
Tutor

Was this ever resolved?  I'm having the same exact issue with one of my pro 4 cameras.

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

No, sorry. This has not been resolved - it seems to be a common theme that issues get left without being resolved. One of the downfalls of Arlo. 

htx
Tutor
Tutor

Before I embark down this road myself, what have you tried to correct the issue on your camera?

kenmcdon
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same noise issues with three cameras.  Nothing seems to fix it.  I think Arlo needs to correct the annoying problem or replace the cameras with comparable or better ones that don’t have the noise.  What’s the use if you can’t hear what’s going on for the noise!

Michael_AW
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue, kind of.  I only get the static when using the iPhone app to live stream.  When I stream through a web browser (Chrome) the sound is crystal clear with none of the weird static and clicks.  This is leading me to believe the issue lies within the app and not the cameras.

Arlo4s
Initiate
Initiate

Having the exact same issue. Have reset the cameras and removed and readded them.

When contacting support get the same old troubleshooting 101 to do the same things that I have done. That have not worked. I believe they know what the issue is and are choosing to look the other way. From an amazing product to poor sub par product and now we are forced to suck it up and fork out $119 a year for this garbage. Do better.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Yup, I don’t understand why they are letting this issue fester. I have 1 Pro, 3 Pro2s, 1 Pro3 Spotlight, 4 Essentials, 1 Video Doorbell and 3 Pro4s.

The problem persists on the Pro4s and is non-existent on the others.

Come on, Arlo! What’s it going to take for you to resolve this? A class action?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to support. You get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

As you can see, I have lots of Arlo gear. When I call your support, all they want to do is unpair the cameras and repair them to the base and move the cameras to different locations around the house.  I’ve done that myself and it does not solve the problem. I have even returned my units to Best Buy within the return window and replaced them with new units. The problem persists. There is a problem with these Pro 4 cameras and, with all due respect, your support people are useless at helping troubleshoot the issue. All three of my Pro4s behave the same way. What we need from Arlo is recognition that there is a problem and a “solution” that works, preferably a software solution. And if this is a hardware issue, then you need to admit it and provide us with a real solution (Pro5 replacement units maybe?!? I don’t know!) But constantly telling me to uninstall and reinstall is a waste of my valuable time.

If someone in management wants to reach out to me, please do so, but please don’t waste my time and ask me to call your general support line!

htx
Tutor
Tutor

QuintusPre said it elegantly and I 100% agree.  There is obviously a software or hardware issue with some of these cameras.  I have both a pro4 and a doorbell camera that crackle and make the audio functionality worthless, especially on the doorbell.  Yet I have other pro4 cameras and another doorbell camera at a different door that work fine.  I also do not want to waste time with general support doing all the things I've already tried.  If someone at a higher level of support or management can help, I'd appreciate that.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are continuing to investigate reports of this issue. If you continue to experience this behavior, we ask that you reach out to support. You get to that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time. 

ejd56
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem, the arlo 4 is the only one of four cameras that has static and cracking audio. I tried to find the place to find how to get a support call in the mobile app, all I see is a chat and a reference back to the same app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ejd56 wrote:

I tried to find the place to find how to get a support call in the mobile app, all I see is a chat and a reference back to the same app.

If you have a subscription for the camera, just go in to the support area of the app (NOT my.arlo.com).  Select the camera, and scroll down to the contact section.  You'll see an option for phone support.  It is available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.

ejd56
Tutor
Tutor

In the mobile app, I select the camera that's having the audio issue, select device settings, and scroll down to support. that brings me to a product tour, or support articles. If I go to support articles, it just brings me back to the place I posted this. Am I missing where to find phone support?

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Go to “settings” on the app. Then choose support. Then you choose your device and go from there. Hope this helps. Let us know if you get anywhere.

BobbyEvo
Initiate
Initiate

Mine recently started doing the same thing. Static noises during live and when I download the footage. People kept saying so many good things about Arlo but I’ve had nothing but issues. I really regret getting the camera system and doorbell. As for support, it’s so complicated. My cameras are mounted high outside and I can’t keep going up and down to re-pair the cameras🤦🏻‍♀️

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

It is truly unfortunate.  I have a tonne of Arlo equipment and it all works great EXCEPT for the three Pro 4s that I have.  I have referred these cameras to many others but told them to stay away from the Pro 4s.  These seem to be the only units that Arlo has consistently failed to fulfill in the quality category.  I wish Arlo would come clean and just admit that there is a hardware issue affecting these cameras and just step up to the plate and replace these units with the internals of a Pro 5 free of charge.  All we need is to swap out the camera itself.

While I do not begrudge anyone who goes through the support process, it has turned into a total waste of time for me.  Pairing, re-pairing, moving the camera to a different location, none of it solves anything.  There has to be a hardware problem here and Arlo just doesn’t want to admit it.

Very frustrating given all the goodwill that Arlo has otherwise built up in this business.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BobbyEvo @QuintusPre 

I wanted to let you know I have notified my team regarding your Pro 4 cameras and I am waiting for more information. I will report back as soon as possible. 

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks @ShayneS

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS I have yet to hear anything.

Discussion stats