Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 blue led keeps blinking

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 4 camera. When I have it plugged in the blue light flashes all the time. Is there anyway to stop this excessive blinking? I have deleted and reinstalled this camera multiple times.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AFreeze wrote:
I have an Arlo Pro 4 camera. When I have it plugged in the blue light flashes all the time. Is there anyway to stop this excessive blinking? I have deleted and reinstalled this camera multiple times.

There is a Camera LED setting in the app that lets you turn the Battery Fully Charged Indicator off.  Have you done that?

AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have done that. Still have a camera that consistently blinks the blue light like it is trying to get on the WiFi when I have it plugged in to the wall outlet.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AFreeze wrote:
Yes I have done that. Still have a camera that consistently blinks the blue light like it is trying to get on the WiFi when I have it plugged in to the wall outlet.

Is the camera going offline (or giving other indications that WiFi is dropping)?

Maybe try rebooting the camera (remove power, including the battery - then restore power), and see if that resolves it.

FWIW, my Pro 4 is on battery, but I have a powered Pro 3.  I'm not seeing the blinking blue LED with the setting set to off.

AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not seen any issues with it dropping WIFI.  I have taken the battery out, rebooted the camera, removed it from my account and re-added it.  None of these things have helped.  I have actually plugged in another camera to this cord and it did the same thing.  I think the issue is the Arlo Cord and not the camera.  Wondering if there is any warranty on the cable not working ?  If I unplug the camera from the cord and just run off of battery I don't have a problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AFreeze,

Do you have any other cameras you could test the power cable on to see if the behavior is the same?

JamesC

AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried the power cord on two additional cameras and the effects are the same. Without the cord the cameras work fine. Plugged into the cord the blue light starts flashing excessively. 
Angela

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What type of cable are you using? Is this the standard indoor charging cable or the outdoor charging cable? Is it Arlo branded or third-party?

JamesC

AFreeze
Aspirant
Aspirant
The cord is an Arlo power cord. It is an indoor power cord. I believe it is 10 feet long. It was ordered through Arlo.

Angela
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AFreeze,

I encourage you to reach out to Arlo support to further investigate this issue. You can find support options within Arlo mobile app: https://kb.arlo.com/000062610/Arlo-Support-Options

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation