Arlo Pro 4 Wireless camera - storing video clips

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
larrywa
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro 4 wireless camera. Is there any way other than having a subscription to store video clips, like in an SD card?

I have it associated with a base that I use with (2)  Pro 2 cameras, which store the video clips.

Thanks!

Larry

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@larrywa wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 4 wireless camera. Is there any way other than having a subscription to store video clips, like in an SD card?

You can purchase a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub and use the direct access to local storage feature:

There are limitations, if you have questions about them you can ask here.

@larrywa wrote:

I have it associated with a base that I use with (2)  Pro 2 cameras, which store the video clips.

What model is the base?  Look for a VMBxxxx label on it.

Lots of users are confused on this point.  VMB4000 and VMB4500 bases support local recording, but do NOT support playback.  If you have one of these bases, then all the recordings you see in the app or my.arlo.cloud are stored in the Arlo Cloud.  Your legacy Pro 2 cameras came with 7 days of free cloud recording, which Arlo still provides.  Pro 4s (like all currently sold cameras) do not have that feature, and need a subscription to get only cloud storage.

The ONLY way to see the local recordings with these older bases is to eject the USB storage in the app, and connect the storage to a PC for viewing.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation