VMB5000 video storage and access

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a VMB5000 with 5 Pro 4’s & a VMB3010 with 5 cams.

(These are several years old. Can’t find model number, all work).
At one time these were set so I could go into account with VMB5000 and see all ten cams on one screen.
Could hit “feed” button and all vids were there from all with thumbnails.
This was perfect.
Over last couple of months things started going wrong, not working, recordings not showing, etc.
Did research, tried about everything I could find.
Finally got tired of screwing around and went back to square one factory reset everything.
At this point VMB5000 & cams reset and work but if I hit feed a box pops up and says I found a premium feature. Nothing there.
If I click devices, hub, storage settings, the vids are there but not as a thumbnail. (Not sure what that means but it’s different).
When I try to redo the “grant access” to other accounts it says already done but also shows “pending”.
On the VMB3010 if I click “feed” the videos do show there as thumbnails. 
The only place I can think of where they would be stored is on the other hub.
Would like to get back to the original way I had it but don’t know what else to try.
Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Figured out what was happening. Had been quite a while since originally set up.

I originally had ten cameras on the VBM5000. Five Pro 4’s & five older.

All of these show on one screen.

I had five cameras on the VMB3010 and these were shared.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Box22 wrote:

At this point VMB5000 & cams reset and work but if I hit feed a box pops up and says I found a premium feature. Nothing there.
If I click devices, hub, storage settings, the vids are there but not as a thumbnail. (Not sure what that means but it’s different).

This is normal for a smarthub with direct access to local storage, but with no subscription.

Did you have a subscription for these cameras?

Are you using the same accounts you had before?  It looks like you might have created at least one new one.

@Box22 wrote:

On the VMB3010 if I click “feed” the videos do show there as thumbnails. 

This again is expected behavior with legacy cameras - they were sold with 7 days of cloud stoage.

@Box22 wrote:

When I try to redo the “grant access” to other accounts it says already done but also shows “pending”.

Do your various accounts show "Library" in the app?  Or do they show "Feed" instead?

Friend access won't work when there is a mismatch.  So if some show "Feed" you'll to to migrate the reset to "Feed".  You can do this by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  You can't finish that process unless you own the camera - but the workflow will still migrate you to "Feed" before you get stuck. 

Once you do this, you will be unable to go back to "Library".  There are issues with "Feed" that you should consider before doing the migration.  One is that "Feed" only has three modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, Standby).  While you can edit the rules in all three, you cannot add any additional modes.  Also, scheduling is done quite differently - and unfortunately the combination of scheduling+geofencing doesn't work at the moment.

Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response.

Do not have any subscriptions and never did.

Yes these are the same accounts. Used to have a couple others but went through all this when I got the VMB5000 and once it was working these are the only two that I have been using.
Both accounts show “feed”. 
These older ones did come with free storage. Does this still work?
I thought it was gone a long time ago.
If it still works that would explain why I see videos on that account.
If it’s no longer available then they must be going to hub storage.
Again I could go to the account with the VMB5000 and see everything.
All cams at once, all videos on feed. Same accounts, same equipment, etc. nothing has changed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Box22 wrote:

Both accounts show “feed”. 
These older ones did come with free storage. Does this still work?

Free cloud storage is still available for the legacy cameras - including Arlo WireFree (4 CR123 batteries), Pro, and tje Pro 2.  

Arlo stopped offering it on new camera models back in 2018.  Essentlal, Ultra, Pro 3/Pro 4/Pro 5 cameras all require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

@Box22 wrote:

Again I could go to the account with the VMB5000 and see everything.

Did you purchase this smarthub separately?  If not, then you likely have Ultra cameras connected to it.

From your description, you are using direct access to local storage on this base.  With "Library", you'd press the top of the "Library" screen, and then select the base to see the recordings.  That doesn't work with "Feed".  The only way to see those recordings is to select the base settings, and then choose storage settings.   You won't see thumbnails - but that has always been the case with direct access to local storage.

You should be able to see all the cameras from the account with the VMB5000.  But you will not be able to see them all at once.  You should be seeing two "Home" sections - one for the main account, and one tor the friend account with the VMB3010 base.   One will show only the VMB5000-connected cameras, the other will show only the VMB3010-connected cameras. Probably best to rename one (or both) to minimize confusion.  

Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

The way it was before I could see ALL 10 cameras at the SAME time on screen.

Arlo app on an iPad.
Cams are Pro 4”s
ALL the videos from all 10 showed in feed.
Again not using “library”. 
That was one of the issues when I got the VMB5000.
Everything changed to feed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Box22 wrote:

Cams are Pro 4”s
ALL the videos from all 10 showed in feed.

Then you must have somehow gotten into a trial subscription for the Pro 4s.

Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Figured out what was happening. Had been quite a while since originally set up.

I originally had ten cameras on the VBM5000. Five Pro 4’s & five older.

All of these show on one screen.

I had five cameras on the VMB3010 and these were shared.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation