Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 + VMB5000 SmartHub (Recording to both SmartHub and Cloud?)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
StarflakeOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I found out the VMB5000 SmartHub has support for the Arlo Pro 4, but I'm struggling to find information about..

..if the Wireless Doorbell also can be configured with the SmartHub?
..if it is possible to record video both to the SmartHub as well as the cloud (Arlo Smart) at the same time?

..how much space per minute the 2K stream from the Arlo Pro 4 takes, and also same for the highest resolution from the Wireless Doorbell in case that works?

Thank you in advance. 

Regards, 

Lennie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

Yes.

SIze depends on activity in the recording as well as the view (busy, complex scenes may be larger). My doorbell showed a 2.1MB, 16 sceond recording of me walking out the door into a snowy view so mostly white. A Pro 3 camera (same resolution as the Pro 4) also capturing some of the same area as the doorbell showed a 4.2MB 30 second recording of the same exit. YMMV.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

Yes.

SIze depends on activity in the recording as well as the view (busy, complex scenes may be larger). My doorbell showed a 2.1MB, 16 sceond recording of me walking out the door into a snowy view so mostly white. A Pro 3 camera (same resolution as the Pro 4) also capturing some of the same area as the doorbell showed a 4.2MB 30 second recording of the same exit. YMMV.

StarflakeOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, great answers, just what I wanted to hear! 🙂 
Based on the sizes you are mentioning I would get pretty far with a 64 GB SD-card. Even with sizes that are double. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation