Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Monitoring my cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlostinks2
Follower
Follower

Do I need to subscribe to a service in order for my footage to be saved for some time?

Can the cameras use 4G network?

My cameras are Pro 4, model Number is # VMC4350B but like everything else with Arlo, the slot above will not allow this model number to be typed in, and it is not available in the drop down menu.  What a deal! Is anyone at all monitoring  this company or do you just collect payments? I am so disgusted .

The cameras look like quality.  Finally got them activated, that was a nigh-mere since the app. just got stuck in verify mode.  I need some support and there is nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

So sad about no customer service, the cameras are great, but I will not recommend them to anyone.

How do I talk to a live person.  If I have to subscribe, where?  There should be a choice for that on Arlo site.

I love the cameras but you have put me through hell!

Had everything for 2 months only,  and one of the batteries is almost dead already.  Some support would be nice!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes, you do need a subscription for cloud stage after you 3-month trial runs out. To subscribe to a subscription, go to settings-subscription to subscribe. You may need to do it on the web portal if you have IOS. For support if your still on trial or get a subscription go to settings-support for options including a phone icon with a number if you have a subscription. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlostinks2 wrote:

Can the cameras use 4G network?

No, they are wifi.

@Arlostinks2 wrote:

VMC4350B, the slot above will not allow this model number to be typed in

The part numbers are confusing. VMC4350B is a 3-camera bundle - there are too many bundles/kits to put them all in drop down. The part number for a single Pro 4 camera is a VMC4050.  The B at the end is for black, and doesn't matter here.

You are correct - the Pro 4 doesn't seem to be in the model drop down list.  @JamesC :  Is that something you can take care of?

@Arlostinks2 wrote:

Had everything for 2 months only,  and one of the batteries is almost dead already.  

Battery life specs are based on a fairly modest amount of camera activity - in practice it can be much shorter.  If the battery has dropped below 10%, then you should charge it now.  It's best not to wait for it to fully drain.

@Arlostinks2 wrote:

Do I need to subscribe to a service in order for my footage to be saved for some time?

You will.  You can wait for the trial to end, or you can cancel the trial early and then subscribe.  This can be done either from the app or my.arlo.com.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation