Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Motion Detection Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Danielb93
Initiate
Initiate
I set up 3 Arlo Pro 4s up no problem, but now one of the cameras has the orange “motion detection” icon lit up even when it is not detecting motion. I have tried turning it off and on but no fix. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Danielb93
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the suggestions! I tried a few of those things and no luck. What finally seemed to fix it was going outside in front of the camera and activating the motion detection. The camera in question seemed to glitch out for a second in the app and now is back to normal? Weird, but I’ll take it!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It probably is detecting motion, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll see a recording.  The 'Activity Zones' on the camera will exclude video recordings (from the 'Library' in the app) where there is not a significant visible movement inside an Activity Zone immediately after the camera is triggered by motion.  Raindrops, vehicles moving outside Activity Zones, insects - any moving heat source (small ones up close or large ones far away) will cause that orange icon to light up and the camera to activate but may not produce a video recording in the library.  I had one Pro 3 camera that did that all night every night and it took me nearly 2 months to figure out that bats flying past the camera were activating it but were too fast and too small to be caught on video.  It stopped when winter came.  If you have the camera running on battery you may need to adjust the angle or position of the camera such that the motion sensor can't 'see' whatever it is that's triggering it - otherwise the battery will run down very fast.  You'll also have problems with missing video recordings if that happens a lot.  If you can't figure out whats triggering the camera, try deleting the Activity Zones and see if you get recordings that provide some clues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This has occurred at times before. Try refreshing the page, logging out and back in, force closing the app and clearing the app or browser cache.

Danielb93
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the suggestions! I tried a few of those things and no luck. What finally seemed to fix it was going outside in front of the camera and activating the motion detection. The camera in question seemed to glitch out for a second in the app and now is back to normal? Weird, but I’ll take it!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation