Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Samsung note20 ultra

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
geer44
Aspirant
Aspirant
alert image is not visible on Android mail. Same email alert is visible on outlook mail, Google web mail, and iPad. Samsung said remove and replace everything. Anything less drastic? Android can see other images fine, just not alerts.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try adding web push, and see if you can see the notifications that way.

Do you need to use Samsung's email client?  You could of course just use gmail or outlook apps on the phone.

geer44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!!  I may not be bright enough to understand, but let me clarify.  When Arlo sends alert email from a camera alarm, it contains a static image and link to a recorded video on the Arlo website. My wife's iphone, Google web mail, and outlook app on Android all show the image. Where outlook on PC and Android mail app do not.  Android reveals a box when selected, where the image should be, strangely PC Outlook does not.  
Android mail features indenting and VIP inboxes that I use a lot.  I would prefer Android outlook otherwise. 
I am assuming this is not a user setting but the format of the image sent.  Thank you again for your help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Personally I use web push as the notification (not email), and use an iPhone.  So I can't help much with the note20 email question.  There are plenty of Android users here, hopefully they can help more.

Do you have animated preview enabled?  https://kb.arlo.com/000062568/What-is-the-animated-preview-and-how-does-it-work

If you do, maybe try turning it off, and see if that resolves it.

geer44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you sir. I finally found the push notifications on PC-Arlo. It offers you to add email addresses for alerts. I could not find this on the Android-Arlo. I tried other addresses. The animated preview appears to be IOS. How the image is decoded by Android Mail must be different from Outlook app on Android. Perhaps there is no Android user tech solution. Thank you for all your help.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@geer44 wrote:
The animated preview appears to be IOS. 

No, it's both Android and iOS.  But it might not be relevant to email notifications.

@geer44 wrote:
Thank you sir. I finally found the push notifications on PC-Arlo. It offers you to add email addresses for alerts. 

There is a checkbox for web push ("Push Notification").  Is that checked?

You can enable both web push and email simultaneously.  Personally I only use web push.

geer44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it is. Another observable is when the Android alert email is opened, the image field box appears with what looks like the image for a small fraction of a second before a blank box replaces it, as it is opening. On subsequent message opening and closing this flash does not occur. If this were a PC, I would suspect an add-on or virus software. Clicking on the box opens the app to see the video.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have the same symptoms if you remove the email address from the rule, and only use web push?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation