Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 IOS HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jtk32485
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good evening
Trying to figure out the best setup to utilize Arlo pro 4 cameras with IOS HomeKit. I have read on the Internet that I need the Smart Hub/Base Station. If this is the case, which hub/base station do you recommend?
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtk32485 wrote:
Good evening
Trying to figure out the best setup to utilize Arlo pro 4 cameras with IOS HomeKit. I have read on the Internet that I need the Smart Hub/Base Station. If this is the case, which hub/base station do you recommend?

The VMB4540 would be a good choice for the Pro 4.

Jtk32485
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you 

Jtk32485
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the second question.  How do I get my hands on one? I’m searching the internet and can not seem to find one

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtk32485 wrote:

Sorry for the second question.  How do I get my hands on one? I’m searching the internet and can not seem to find one

That is a problem at the moment - hopefully a short-term supply issue.

Jtk32485
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well. I just purchased a pro 3 single camera unit with hub. I’m hoping that will do the trick. Short money with they extra camera is a plus.

Thoughts?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtk32485 wrote:
Well. I just purchased a pro 3 single camera unit with hub. I’m hoping that will do the trick. Short money with they extra camera is a plus.

Thoughts?

Hopefully the kit will include the smarthub (VMB4540), and not an older hub (VMB4000 or VMB4500).

The older hubs are also compatible with homekit, but the smarthub would also let you use direct access to local storage. https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

A lot of folks using homekit need to get token resets sent to their base - you can ask for one here, or try using Arlo support for that.  (Don't google Arlo support, as that often gets you scam links.  Instead use the support link at the top (or bottom) of the forum page.)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation