Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Battery depleted in 1 day!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Atomsound
Follower
Follower
Hi. I bought a new Arlo Pro 4 and installed it yesterday - the battery was not fully charged when I installed it - the app reported 45%. Today the battery has died. It’s installed above the front door, the WiFi router is in the hall about 4-5 m away - the connection was reported as excellent. Not sure why it would burn through the battery so fast. Is the battery defective?
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Atomsound wrote:
Hi. I bought a new Arlo Pro 4 and installed it yesterday - the battery was not fully charged when I installed it - the app reported 45%. Today the battery has died. It’s installed above the front door, the WiFi router is in the hall about 4-5 m away - the connection was reported as excellent. Not sure why it would burn through the battery so fast. Is the battery defective?

Do you have a lot of activity at the front door? If a lot it will drain the battery but either way you should  charge it fully. Positioning makes a big difference to eliminate unwanted recordings. Going from 45% to dead in 1 day is unusual for normal recording and use. It may also be because you didn't fully charge a new battery before installation. 

KZSL_House
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have an Activity Zone set?  Activity Zones really drain the battery.  I forgot and did the same, set an activity zone with battery only, and full battery was drained by the next morning.  Deleted the Activity Zone and the same battery has been in use for 4 days and is still above 80%.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation