Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
kevinh2003
Guide
Guide

Set up Arlo Pro 4 at bird feeder a couple of weeks ago. Initial image was very clear. A couple days ago the image became very pixelated with poor resolution. I cleaned the lenses and camera face an nothing improved. Set up a second camera today and it is also very low resolution. I have selected the battery power option for highest quality video.

130 REPLIES 130
Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Firmware just been updated. Will check performance the coming days.

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Seems like the fw update fixed the video pixelation issue.

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

Anybody else got their issue fixed? Still looks like crap for me.

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

The firmware that fixed this bug last week had to be rolled back yesterday due to even worse issues that it created (Pro 4 cameras going offline every night and draining batteries).  So, this problem has now returned with the re-introduction of the previous version of firmware.  Who knows when they'll be able to provide an updated firmware that takes care of both issues.

Bjohnson6626
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jerry. What is the latest firmware #. My Pro 4 cameras are showing firmware #1.080.19.100_6_44261d1, also showing no update available.

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Strange situation. Have 3 cameras. 2 with fw #1.080.19.2_40_9462be1. 1 with fw #1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf.

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

As per my previous posts, I have had this issue for months with little resolution. They replaced a camera, which did not help until this weekend, when suddenly it was resolved.  Now today, it is back, as bad or worse than ever.  I have been on a chat with Arlo, who want me to retry the usual methods, and also claim there is no issue with firmware!

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

My firmware is 080.19.2_40_a462be1. Arlo support this afternoon went through the usual (i.e. is your internet fast enough, change settings, move camera close to router and retry, etc, etc) They claim there is no issue with firmware, but obviously do not look at community forums.  What a disappointment

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

The two cameras with fw…..be1.1 are back in ”pixelation mode”. Wonder what Arlo is up to!!

Mrproatc2011
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo can add me to the list of people having all of their Pro 4 cameras being blurry and and then becoming slightly clearer (although still poor quality) every couple seconds. The cameras are almost unusable for what they were purchased for (to be able to identify someone if they’re causing trouble or breaking in). The current quality looks like 360p, NOT 2K.

My father has several of these cameras as well with the same issue. He hadn’t looked at them in awhile and when I showed him, he was quite disappointed that his cameras are now almost useless, other than bonified motion sensors, with a general idea of what’s going on considering the awful quality. 

Joesac75
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro 4s have been having the same issues. The quality of recorded videos has gotten significantly worse.

Regret_buying
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do I feel like this issue has to do with greed?  Is this simply Arlo increasing the video compression on our cameras to save server space (AKA money)?

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Arlo has made no progress in solving the problem. Do not expect that it should take months to fix. Arlo should allocate resources solving a problem affecting so many users.

Kurant
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only registered here for this post. 

Add me to that list. Brand new Pro 4's purchased from Best Buy June 12th. Moved into the new house and it's beent to long to return the cameras, but I have the same issues with mine. Almost looks like the resolution is in and out, almost like pulsating. Arlo has been NO help, and for the amount of money you pay for these things, this really is not acceptable. On top of the pulsating resolution, the video is unusable. The fact this post started 3 months ago is concerning to me the issue still exists today, and isn't a one off problem.

I have restarted all 3 cameras. Reset. Different batteries. Removed. Added. Different device. Used different wifi points and even tried a different router less than 10 feet from 2 cameras. The original routed was an Orbi mesh system. 2gb down. 256 meg up internet. All cameras show 3 bars. I don't what else I can do short of throwing these things in the dump. 

Kurant
Aspirant
Aspirant

My $104 Blink system I have a work on an old antiquated ASUS router is more responsive and better quality than the Arlo is. 

spinningplates
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus here. I bought several Pro 4 cameras in June and July, but didn't get a chance to install them until yesterday. So I was very disappointed to see the poor video quality, and the repeated blurring every two seconds. I looked it up and found this thread.

It's nice to know it's not just my cameras, but also frustrating since we apparently have no choice but to wait for a better firmware update. And it's sad to see that those of you who have contacted Customer Service have been given the runaround and made to do busy-work like moving the cameras, etc., instead of them just being candid about the issue.

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Yet another firmware update. No surprise - it dit not fix the pixelation problem. Back to square one, the video quality is as bad as when I started this thread. Arlo should be more careful with its reputation and trademark and just allocate resources to fix the problem. I’ve lost my confidence in them. 

austindadams3
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is certainly an issue for me as well.

Arlo, why are you not fixing this?

Everyone who has these cameras is having this low quality issue (yes, all of your customers with the Pro 4 cameras...this is not just affecting a select few individuals if you actually read elsewhere). All of your customers with the Pro 4 have this issue due to your firmware so why is it not being fixed? There's already been dozens of people chiming in about this on this thread and others. I just don't get it why you don't care after months of this being an issue. 

austindadams3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this acceptable quality for a 2K camera to you Arlo? 

5163.jpg

bzj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to this list.

I purchased 3 new Arlo Pro 4 in June and added them to my setup of older Arlos.

The older cameras with Full HD shows way better video quality than these new 2K cameras.

(And yes - I have tried everything in the book to get better quality)

JDun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two brand new Arlo Pro 4 cameras. They install and appear to function, but image quality is terrible. Bad pixelation that changes over time. Very blocky and fuzzy 

I have tried all of the suggestions in a long thread on this problem that has been going on for months.  Camera has been reset, firmware is current, data rate is good.  I'm very dissatisfied. Is there a fix for this, or can I return the cameras?

Thanks

kirstenem
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo can add me to the list of people having their Pro 4 cameras vision looking blocky and pixelated.    I have 6 x Pro 4 cameras all of which are connected directly via wifi and have full signal look absolutely awful.   This has been ongoing for far too long.    They are all on Firmware 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1.   Arlo.. FIX IT.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

There is a fix for this issue and it's in a phased release. Not all customers will receive the update at once. I will continue to provide more updates as soon as possible. 

Thank you 

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

I do hope you are right. Will believe it when I see it.

Jerry

austindadams3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to hear it! We've been waiting for months for this fix to be issued. The quality is so bad that if someone broke into your home or stole a package, you wouldn't even be able to get a usable image of the person with the way the Pro 4 camera firmware is right now. 

Discussion stats