Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo PRO 4 image was clear and is now pixelated

Discussion stats
kevinh2003
Guide
Guide

Set up Arlo Pro 4 at bird feeder a couple of weeks ago. Initial image was very clear. A couple days ago the image became very pixelated with poor resolution. I cleaned the lenses and camera face an nothing improved. Set up a second camera today and it is also very low resolution. I have selected the battery power option for highest quality video.

130 REPLIES 130
austindadams3
Aspirant
Aspirant

What did you post about it? There's not anything else they need to do at this point. If you didn't read prior to your message, the update has already fixed the issue and is being slowly rolled out (as is common practice). 

KSC1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tech I talked to said there wasn't a firmware update for this particular issue yet. Confusing.

austindadams3
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you get the lowest level tech support agent, that's kind of expected unfortunately. 

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Complained this morning that fw still was not updated. Logged in to my three cameras - surprise surprise, fw had been updated during night. First impression ok quality. I do hope that the update will not be reversed like last time. The release is 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is an updated firmware v1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d that was released to all regions. This update should have automatically started. If you do not see the available update you can try restarting the camera via the Arlo app. 

Thank you 

Bjohnson6626
Tutor
Tutor

That's nice it's been released but it's still showing no available update even after restarting. I'm still on firmware 1.800.19100_6_44261d1 Glad to see Arlo is still on top of it. I guess a few more weeks won't make a difference.

Discussion stats