Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
kevinh2003
Guide
Guide

Set up Arlo Pro 4 at bird feeder a couple of weeks ago. Initial image was very clear. A couple days ago the image became very pixelated with poor resolution. I cleaned the lenses and camera face an nothing improved. Set up a second camera today and it is also very low resolution. I have selected the battery power option for highest quality video.

130 REPLIES 130
Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS    I guess I have been blocked from sending you more private messages.  please see below from your last message to me:

I've watched videos on both the IOS app and on my Mac through the browser.   I don't think this firmware helped .   I have both my front and back door cameras mounted to Arlo mounts.    one wireless access point is 25 feet from the front door camera.   it's 20 feet from the back door Arlo 4 camera.     that access point is mounted to the wall facing the front door camera which gets the most traffic.     I have a Unifi Flex HD that is not mounted that I can get 20 feet from the front door.  but it doesn't change any quality.    all the camera show full signal.    

how can I share a a recording.  everytime I use the app it says the files are too big 

I am also getting this trying to send this message".  You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

here are the stats to the front door wireless signal strength

Channel11 (2.4 GHz, 20 MHz)
Signal
-49 dBm
StandardWiFi 4
MIMO Configuration1x1
Rx Rate72.0 Mbps
Tx Rate72.0 Mbps
dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am still having the pixelated issue with my pro3 floodlight.new issue.was not like this a few months back.firmware is 1.080.27.0_25_82bc6f2 with no updates available.

dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20230605_085518_Arlo Secure.jpg

MichaelTee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been any progress on a fix?

Bjohnson6626
Tutor
Tutor

As of now, no progress has been made. Even with the new firmware update. The problem still exists.

dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am still having the same issue.no progress.video is awful.

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

Is there no way to go back to the old firmware?

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

I reset all of my cameras, restarted the base station and still no solution to the pixelation.  The pictures a year ago when I first installed the system were fine, now they are absolutely horrible.  When will Arlo address this issue. I am frustrated.

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

2 months later.

this is extremely disappointing.    if i was paying monthly that would be 25 dollars wasted.

my niece currently has someone in her neighbor hood sneaking around and peaking into windows.     i of course thought i would give her my 4th "backup" Arlo 4.      there is Zero possible way this would help her out.  the police are looking for video evidence and she can't provide it.

MichaelTee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I won't be paying for a subscription when the free period ends

Cltlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Totally agree - unless there is a fix implemented soon, I will also cancel after the trial period.  To add insult to injury, I will likely have to find a new camera (not Arlo) to replace the PRO 4.  This is avoidable and completely unacceptable that we have not received any useful update or communication for almost a month.  If they are working on it, great - at least let us know the current status so that we don't feel ghosted and are stuck with useless hardware intended to keep our homes and families safe.

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

I have an open case with Arlo, but have not had any progress on this matter. The case was opened a week ago.

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

I had an open case with the same pixelation problems. First lane support should escalate the case but it just dissapeared. Have tried to ”wake it up” without success. Most dissapointing.

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

Is this issue not affecting all pro 4s? I'm wondering why Arlo isn't taking this issue more seriously?

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

My guess is that it is affecting all pro4. My second guess, after testing all suggested fixes, is that it is related to a firmware uppdate. After so long time I would have expected Arlo to have solved it by now.

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

You'd think they would have just rolled back the firmware update. I wish I hadn't gone all in on Arlo recently or else I would be returning these 

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine was opened on 5/22 with nothing but bs replies 

I am beyond fed up with this but I am too far invested 😡

these Should be replaced with the next model camera available 

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

So they offered to replace the base station ( shippton my dime),  but not sure that is the problem. We will see. Very disappointing 

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

The pro 4s don't need a base though so that's not the issue. I don't have a base station.

dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having same pixelation issues with my arlo pro 3 floodlight.i am in several forums.as far as what i am told through private messaging with arlo,they are working on a new update that will fix the issue.but yes,extremely frustrating that a solution is taking so long.a firmware update affected several of their product lines,has nothing to do with the base.i also do not use a base.

KSC1
Aspirant
Aspirant

1000005553.jpg

My video quality has gone way down as well!! 

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've responded for the 3rd time.   for my support ticket in the app with recordings of the audio.   and video distortion

I just now got a firmware notification for ONE of my Arlo 4 camera.      fingers crossed 

Jerry_E
Guide
Guide

Nothing yet on my end. Please keep me posted. My firmware is 1.080.19.2_a462be1

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

IMG_2897.jpeg

 I guess I will still on a test firmware..   it's still just as bad 😞 

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

Any update on this? Or has Arlo given us all the middle finger? Wish I never switched all my Google cameras over to Arlos.

Discussion stats