Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
kevinh2003
Guide
Guide

Set up Arlo Pro 4 at bird feeder a couple of weeks ago. Initial image was very clear. A couple days ago the image became very pixelated with poor resolution. I cleaned the lenses and camera face an nothing improved. Set up a second camera today and it is also very low resolution. I have selected the battery power option for highest quality video.

130 REPLIES 130
Bjohnson6626
Tutor
Tutor

I'm experiencing the same problem with my cameras. They worked great for 6 months, now all 3 cameras are blurred. I've tried everything that you were told to do do with no solution as well. I believe it's a firmware issue or the cameras are faulty. I have 5 arlo 2 cameras at another house and they work perfectly fine for the last 4 years. Let me know if you get a response from Arlo with a real solution.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates, the team is investigating this at the moment and I will provide any updates as soon as received.

Thanks

countrygirltwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been a real problem for the last month as well for me.  You can’t make out really anything in the video as it is so pixelated. It’s super frustrating and hoping there will be a fix asap.

I have also completed all of the necessary troubleshooting.

For the price of the monthly plan to have the video storage it is certainly not worth it if the video is not even viewable and so pixilated.

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

imagine having just switched to a yearly plan.        

(yep thats me)   right when this happened

countrygirltwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was thinking of doing that just to save money because the price plan jumped so high.

I have owned Arlo’s since they first came out and I’ve never been so disappointed.

I really hope they get a fix soon because there is no way I could even use the video if I wanted too.

Rfm8766
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also having issues with pixelation of image. Have tried all the above and nothing makes it better. I plugged in my Wyze cam right next to it which only records at 1080p, not 2k and the image quality is insanely better which should not be the case. Definitely would like to see this resolved asap because in its current state the images/recordings are utterly useless. 

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras all just did an update... keep your fingers crossed! 
I walked downstairs and one was blinking orange and blue 

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

i have no way to update/ edit my previous post that i can see.

if there was an update applied.   it did not fix anything with the original complaint of fuzzy/ blurring of playbacks on my camera

dillbrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having the same problem with arlo pro 3 floodlight.everything has been great for over a year,now for couple months i cannot see anything video is terrible.have done all the troubleshooting.you have a problem with multiple of your products.what are you doing to fix this?

dillbrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having the same problem with arlo pro 3 floodlight.everything has been great for over a year,now for couple months i cannot see anything video is terrible.have done all the troubleshooting.you have a problem with multiple if your products.what are you doing to fix this

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dillbrit1 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? 

dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have given the camera a full charge.removed and reinserted battery several times.removed device from the app and reinstated it several times.i have reset my router several times.i have checked the connection several times,which is always good,currently link rate is 65mbps.i have brought it right next to the router with no change.it is up to date on updates.i have gone through all the settings and tried all the options,nothing.yes power management is in best mode.night vision and auto zoom are off.bandwith is at strong.flicker adjustment on auto.i cleaned the lens and housing unit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dillbrit 

Is it possible ti provide a screenshot of the pixelation?

dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20230526_114115_Arlo Secure.jpg

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

I just took the plunge and replaced all my Google nest cameras with 6 Arlo Pro 4's. The 2k image quality is noticably worse than the 1080 of the Nest. It looks pixelated especially when zooming in. Very disappointed. I hope this gets fixed soon.

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

Here are some sample images at 3x zoom. The video quality pulses between bad and worse.

Screenshot_20230529_093155_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20230529_093148_Arlo Secure.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@QuinnLee512 wrote:

Here are some sample images at 3x zoom. The video quality pulses between bad and worse.

I've seen a similar sample - in that one, it was clear that the i-frames (send every two seconds) had too low a bit rate.  That caused the blurring out/pixelation.  The following p-frames built back up the image quality, but it blurred out again at the next i-frame.

This is on Arlo's escalation list, not sure how long it will take them to fix it.

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

all of my cameras did another update this morning

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are we still experiencing this issue with the latest firmware released May 30th? 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

Mammoth670
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes.    it is still an issue for me along with the Cicada sound on random videos where the microphone is enabled 

QuinnLee512
Guide
Guide

Still an issue. Confirmed firmware version. New screenshots attached. Looks really bad. 3x zoom.

Screenshot_20230601_092727_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_092722_Arlo Secure.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the updates, I will notify the team. 

MichaelTee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed a new pro 4 last week. I've never had a clear sharp image. It changes from bad to worse every 2 seconds. Attached images are at 2x zoom. Version is 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1. 

Screenshot_20230602-101548.png

Screenshot_20230602-101439.png

Cltlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing the same issues as others. I installed the camera early May and never has looked good and is very pixelated. Running version 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

Thanks for your help!

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

I am joining the multitude of Arlo Pro 4 owners who have noted a drop in picture quality with pixelation over the last couple of months.  I have tried to set to highest picture quality on battery settings with no success. It also no longer allows me to zoom the camera.  What is happening? Last year the picture quality was much better.

Discussion stats