Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App - Notification Sounds

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lgbalfa
Tutor
Tutor

I just installed my Arlo Pro 4 security camera system.

With the app, it notifies me of any activity with a notification sound.

The notification sound it uses is the default notification sound on my Moto G Power.

Can I assign a specific notification sound strictly for Arlo?

If so, where would can I change it?  I would assume in the app?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

I wish there was a way in the App to change it but there isn't. Ring had it to assign to different cams when I used them and thought Arlo would have it by now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

I wish there was a way in the App to change it but there isn't. Ring had it to assign to different cams when I used them and thought Arlo would have it by now. 

lgbalfa
Tutor
Tutor

That's too bad.

Thanks for the response.

Konakid
Guide
Guide

I've have seen this discussed for years now. With no solution from Arlo - even though I have been told this is an easy fix - under ten lines of easy code to the App would do it.

Maybe someone can tell me if this has been fixed yet. 

Is there anyway to change the Arlo notification sound on an iPhone so it isn't the same as the hundred text messages I get each day. How in the heck am I supposed to know if someone just broke into my warehouse, or someone just spammed me?????

And I know there is a "work around" with a phone call and/or text message. But it is delayed by as long as 5 minutes at times. Plenty of time to break a window and be in your daughter's bedroom before hearing your customized notification sound.

Konakid
Guide
Guide

This has been discussed for years. On my iPhone, there is no way to tell the difference between a spammer texting me, or someone looking into my daughter's bedroom window at night.

You can assign custom sounds on Android, but not on iPhone. I was told this would take less than ten lines of simple code to add to their App. But after years of trying to make this work, I know more about it than their support crew.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation