Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 4 cameras won’t disarm

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lmsemail
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras do not disarm when I use the app to do so. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the phone settings for the app to ensure notifications are enabled?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What steps are you taking to disarm your cameras? When you say they won't disarm do you mean they are still recording?

Lmsemail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. 

I had a workman here yesterday and he was in and out all day. I pressed “disarm” in the app for all the cameras, but the system recorded his comings and goings all day. I have used the “disarm” function before and it worked properly. I don’t know what I might have done wrong. 
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. See if you have the same behavior when you disarm again. If so please let me know. 

Lmsemail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. 

if I uninstall the app how hard will it be to get my data back into it?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will not lose your data. You just sign back into the app and everything will still be in there.

Lmsemail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. I deleted and re-installed the app. And my data did come back. 

But before I can check to see if the “disarm” problem is solved, I have a new problem. Now the app is not giving me a notification of movement on my cameras. I have checked my settings and ithey looks ok. But maybe I don’t understand the settings. Can you please help with this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the phone settings for the app to ensure notifications are enabled?

Lmsemail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shame on me. That was it. Thank you. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation