Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Added new user / No devices error

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

next up in my long list of things that dont work.

I added a new user gave him access to my three cams. When checking into his acount, message comes up "no devices"

What is the problem? Any hints?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

First up thanks for your pacience, but there is no 5S avaliable ...

What geography is this user in?  Was your account created in the same geography as the user you are inviting?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

I added a new user gave him access to my three cams. When checking into his acount, message comes up "no devices"

If your account shows that the invitation was accepted, then you probably need to do this: 

Either both accounts need to be showing "Library", or both need to be showing "Feed".

Also, with feed, he needs to select your location.

Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

Thank. But in my case the 2nd user needs to use it via the my.arlo web browser función. Is that not possible?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

Thank. But in my case the 2nd user needs to use it via the my.arlo web browser función. Is that not possible?

Yes.  But my.arlo.com also now has two user interfaces (like the app).  So you might need the same migration in one or both accounts.

Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, but I dont get what are the 2 user interfaces. When I log in with the newly created 2nd user I get this page:

Tom_k_0-1675017813027.png

With no devices. Where 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

Sorry, but I dont get what are the 2 user interfaces. When I log in with the newly created 2nd user I get this page:

When you access your account, do you see "Library" in the main menu or "Feed"?

"Feed" is the new interface, "Library" is the older one.

Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

I guess I see FEED on the side ....

Tom_k_0-1675032857959.png

How can i switch the other to the new design?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

How can i switch the other to the new design?

The only way is to start to add a Pro 5s or a home security system to the other account (not completing the process).

Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

I need to buy it?

Really this is getting better and better. So my wife can not access the cameras in a simple manner? This must be a bad joke. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

I need to buy it?

No.  You just need to pretend you have it, and start onboarding.  You obviously can't complete the onboarding - but starting to add the device is enough to migrate to the new experience.

Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

Tom_k_0-1675101996245.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tom_k wrote:

What geography is this user in?  Was your account created in the same geography as the user you are inviting?

Tom_k
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah! I made it, had forgotten to turn on the VPN on my first invite, can share now! Many help for the guidance!

No next up I need to get my time zone solved. What to help? Will start a new topic.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation