Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I left home today and got the message that geofencing is in away mode. One hour later I returned and got the message geofencing is now in home mode. While I was gone the lawn maintenance guys cut the grass which in the past would have set off all the cameras if they had been armed. In this case I got no alarms. I've made no changes to the geo settings. Cameras are running 1.080.15.4_36_dd972e firmware.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay geofencing has worked for the last week, so I guess the firmware fix and reloading the cameras did the trick.  

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Connected to a base or hub or to your WiFi? Reboot the base/hub or reboot the cameras.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

On Wifi. Just FYI, cameras arm on timer at night okay. Just won’t arm on away mode with geofencing. They worked two weeks ago. I’ll try the reboot. Thanks. 

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

As suggested, I rebooted all cameras and still have same problem. I also deleted and added backed all geofencing info. Anyone else having same issue? You wouldn't realize you have this problem unless you happen to go to Arlo mode page on your iphone while in Geofencing away mode. In my case, all cameras are still showing unarmed. And I've verified that they really are unarmed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, I'll try that now. Thanks.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rebooted iphone and reinstalled app then drove down the street outside of the geofence boundary. Like usual I received the away message, but all cameras are still unarmed. Returning home, I got the home message again. So no change.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you have set in the GF settings for Away? Have you checked that mode for appropriate settings?

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. The away mode on all cameras is set to arm. As mentioned earlier post, everything was working earlier  this month and I haven't changed any setting.

I am new to Arlo, but I did notice that a new version of software 3.5 (2590) was installed on July 8. This is around the time I started having this problem. Of course if no one else is reporting the same problem, then that can't be the issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SteveB101,

I will reach out to you in a private message to collect more information.

JamesC

CarlRahmstrom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have geofencing set up and I get a notification when I leave/enter my home location but the mode does NOT change. I can change the mode manually. Please advise.

I have the latest firmware and iOS-version. 

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do the cameras arm?

CarlRahmstrom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, everything works, including notifications, except that the mode does not change when I enter/leave home.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I have pro4 cameras working off wifi. I've been working with arlo tech support for the last month and all they done is had me reboot my iphone, pull the batteries from cameras, and delete and reload the Arlo app a number of times. It's getting old climbing up pulling batteries out of cameras, etc. I had started thinking problem was with my phone until I saw your post. I am not saying this is their issue, but it's strange that they issued a new version of software on June 8. My problem started the following week.

I noticed they issued a new version Arlo software dated June 30. I checked Geofencing last night and it still isn't working. 

sculin21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, as well. Tried everything with support. A camera reset and new installation helped for one day, only. At the moment, one camera out of four is working correctly. All four cameras have the same settings. I assume the problem is not caused by the app or the firmware.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sculin21 wrote:

I have the same problem, as well. Tried everything with support. A camera reset and new installation helped for one day, only. At the moment, one camera out of four is working correctly. All four cameras have the same settings. I assume the problem is not caused by the app or the firmware.

Your problem is also with geofencing?  If so, are your cameras using a base station?

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

No WIFI

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveB101 wrote:

No WIFI

My question was directed at @sculin21 - wanting to confirm that their problem is actually the same as yours.

sculin21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the same. The problem only occurs with geofencing. I also receive the push notifications but the cameras do not arm.  Arlo Pro 4 with Wifi. No base station.

mc42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the exact same issue. Use my camera on wifi, the mode does not change. It's super frustrating after it was working great. I'm hoping there is a fix listed here soon. 

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the count is now at 4 users that have reported this problem. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more since you don't notice the error unless you check the mode screen on the Arlo app while in away mode in geofencing. Otherwise, you think cameras are arming and disarming as expected. 

semefi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same. I have the geofencing mode configured to be activated when away mode and in scheduling mode when in home mode.

A few days ago stopped working, I deleted the cameras and reinstalled them again and worked but after a couple of days started to fail again. I think this is a bug,because I have 2 cameras ultra connected to a base station and those work perfectly
SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi semefi,

I think your report will be the 5th user with the same geofencing problem and it's been a month since I first reported to Arlo support. It's getting old not having the geofencing functionality.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on a solution for this issue. Once I have more information available, I will provide an update here.

JamesC

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know what changes were in the new firmware that was pushed out to the Pro 4 cameras last night/this morning?  

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation