Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thiers
Star
Star

Hello

I have 5 arlo Pro2 for more than 4 years all constantly powered , everything works fine , especially  the 3 seconds of recording that are active before the trigger even occurs.. very Important since it gives a real overview of the events rather than a video starting in the middle of the "action". Feature that is enabled only when camera are powered..

I bought recently an arlo Pro4 , better resolution with 2K... but in the same conditions (meaning with power supply always on) I am are surprised that this 3s loop back recording feature feature does not work ??

I Did  not found any options/menu anywhere in the App to enable this ? anyone knows why ? I would be surprised and disappointed  Arlo did not keep this important feature on its new cameras..

Thanks your feedbacks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thiers
Star
Star

Hi

for information I managed to make it work after checking in the forums this  topic of foresight issues.. (on arlo pro3 i think)

the solution has been to wait that Arlo Pro4 is at 100% fully charged and just reboot the base station (probably not done that before).

after this reboot foresight feature correctly works now on the arlo pro4..  and finally the issue I had to visualize this camera on arlo website also has gone..

Probably something not very clean in the firmware of the base station or camera but now everything works!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thiers wrote:

I bought recently an arlo Pro4 , better resolution with 2K... but in the same conditions (meaning with power supply always on) I am are surprised that this 3s loop back recording feature feature does not work ??

I Did  not found any options/menu anywhere in the App to enable this ? anyone knows why ?.

The Pro 4 models are listed here:  https://kb.arlo.com/000062053/How-does-the-Foresight-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-camera

So the feature should be working. There are no settings, it enables automatically when it sees AC power.

Are you seeing the charging icon in the camera status?

One option is to contact support (using the support area of the app).  You should find a phone option there.

Thiers
Star
Star

Ok thanks for your feedback .. so no obvious reason to explain then.

Are you seeing the charging icon in the camera status?

=> yes the charging icon is there for this Arlo pro4 camera (at 100% as expected) as all others Arlo Pro2.

could it be linked to the usage of my smarthub which is the one I get with all my arlo Pro2?  ( VMB4000r3 model)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thiers wrote:

could it be linked to the usage of my smarthub which is the one I get with all my arlo Pro2?  ( VMB4000r3 model)

I guess, but I think it's unlikely.  Either way, it's a bug, as the camera is supposed to have that feature.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thiers,

Is this an intermittent issue or have you never experienced the Foresight feature working on your Pro 4 camera? 

If you place the Pro 4 camera and Pro 2 camera next to each other (leaving both powered with a charging cable), facing the same direction and trigger, when you compare the resulting recordings, are they different?

JamesC

Thiers
Star
Star

Hello,

No it is not intermittent,  finally from the day I installed it last week , I never managed to see the foresight feature working on the Arlo Pro4 camera.  But I thought an option somewhere would have fix it.

Since I put this arlo Pro4 where I used to have an Arlo Pro2,  I see clearly the difference regarding the foresight feature. The whole scene is captured on arlo pro2 :  from door closed to door that opens and someone entering  - while on Arlo Pro4 the video starts while door is completely open and entering person already 1/2meters inside .

By the way the foresight feature works fine on my 5 other arlo Pro2 camera as usual I would say.

Another thing strange that I noticed today is that when I go to my arlo account on the arlo website , I cannot control this particular arlo Pro4 camera, it is present among all camera but for this one I get a message saying that "there is no internet connection for this camera"... which is not true since everything works fine when I use the arlo app on the smartphones.

Don't know if this issue might be linked to the foresight feature not working ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thiers,

I've not seen widespread reports of this issue. I recommend that you contact Arlo Support using the Arlo Secure mobile app. You can find contact options for support in your local geography under Settings > Support within the app.

JamesC

Thiers
Star
Star

Hi

for information I managed to make it work after checking in the forums this  topic of foresight issues.. (on arlo pro3 i think)

the solution has been to wait that Arlo Pro4 is at 100% fully charged and just reboot the base station (probably not done that before).

after this reboot foresight feature correctly works now on the arlo pro4..  and finally the issue I had to visualize this camera on arlo website also has gone..

Probably something not very clean in the firmware of the base station or camera but now everything works!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation