Can’t connect to Wi-Fi

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ethan18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Someone please help. Can’t connect to Wi-Fi and I’ve tried everything!!!! New modem and tried to sync cameras. Please someone that works here, get in touch with me. This sucks
9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you use a smarthub, or are the cameras connected to your home wifi?

Did you try the factory reset?

If you didn't try the reset (and don't use a smarthub), try setting the new modem's network name and network password to match the old ones.  Make sure the security is set to WPA2 (AES).  Then remove/reinsert the battery on one of the cameras, and see if it connects.

Ethan18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi and thanks for responding. I have no base as I was advised I don’t need it. Cameras were connected and then modem and Sonos were added by a company. Xfinity for modem. Now I’m trying to link the three cameras back up and it’s impossible. Thanks again
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ethan18 wrote:
Now I’m trying to link the three cameras back up and it’s impossible. Thanks again

What exactly have you tried here?

Ethan18
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s really confusing for me but we took the old Wi-Fi and made it a new name and password so it wouldn’t interfere with new ones. New ones are a 5g and a 2g. I tried hooking up to the old just now and that didn’t work. I’ve held the reset button till it gets amber. I’ve been thru add a new device and get the cameras to chime off the code 25 times but then it can’t find them in the next step and I have to start all over again. Maybe 30 times. Just joined the pay as you go yesterday and I want to have it working because my family and I are leaving for a week.
Ethan18
Aspirant
Aspirant
What amazes me is I can’t get a person on the phone. I’ve been a customer for 5 years and this new Arlo 4 is only 6 months old and has given me more problems then the old in 5 years
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ethan18 wrote:
What amazes me is I can’t get a person on the phone. I’ve been a customer for 5 years and this new Arlo 4 is only 6 months old and has given me more problems then the old in 5 years

If you have a subscription, then you should see a phone support option in the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ethan18,

I see you mention a Sonos system above. These systems generally have very strong WiFi signals that can cause interference, resulting in the symptoms you're describing here. You might try disabling the Sonos system (temporarily of course) and then attempt onboarding your Arlo cameras to see if you still experience the same behavior. Additionally, be sure your mobile device is connect to the 2.4Ghz band and not the 5Ghz band on your network when going through onboarding.

JamesC

Ethan18
Aspirant
Aspirant
This sounds like an issue with the cameras, or Arlo needs to work on the kinks with their system. Still no cameras and I continue to pay for an additional service when I can’t even get them too work. I’ve tried everything and spent 12-15 hours on this. It’s not right. Use to be simple and easy. Arlo got greedy and changed it to a mandatory paying set up. I’m not happy, I used to rave about these cameras and told all my clients about them. Arlo isn’t the same unfortunately.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ethan18,

I see you already have a support ticket open on this issue. I will review your support ticket and request a status update.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation